Should you buy a plane ticket to see your ex years after you break-up?

Circumstances are as below:
(i) You still miss the feelings and memories your ex had with you
(ii) You've tried dating others, but nothing works
(iii) You're single and your ex is single
(iv) You and your ex are in no contact through the years
(v) the flights cost approximately USD1,500.00 return

Do comment if you have your reasons!

• Yes, go see the ex
  • No, don't bother

33

Most Helpful Girl

• No.

If you haven't had any contact, I wouldn't just show up. Imagine it was you - you've come home from a long day at work, or maybe even a bad date, and your ex you haven't spoken to, maybe even thought about in years, is on your doorstep. The one thing you want to do is crash. And suddenly, you're being made to put your best face on again. It's not fair to expect someone to clear their diary just because you did. It's a lot of money for a potentially waste of time.

If you really want to have a shot again, you need to get in contact via the usual methods - email, text, call, social media, whatever. Just because you feel this way you can't be 100% sure they feel the same.

• Thank you for MH!

• I guess you made some sense there :) I'd consider what to do. Right now it's not the right time to speak to him just yet. Maybe in years to come I'll try reconnecting and see how it goes. In the meantime, enjoy life to the fullest.

• With these sort of things, always imagine you were them. And you can't be sure he feels the same way as you. What if you turned up and he was bringing a date home? That would crush you.

Absolutely :) Enjoy being single for a bit!

What Guys Said 3

• No, you are being needy and unable to move on.

• Why do people break up if they just wanna fly on a plane to see them again?

• No, you have to be stupid to do that.

What Girls Said 2

• If you both really want to meet after years you broke up you should at least make arrangements to meet half way. If it s only you who makes the effort and sacrifice you look desperate and that is not appealing to no one. Why bother that much if the other one doesn't?

• If You haven't had contact in years it'd be very strange to show up to visit. And a waste of money.

• You have a point.

I hate being stuck on this stupid "star crossed lovers" situation. Jeez.

• If you haven't had contact with her in years I'm not sure the "star crossed lovers" phrase fits here.