Continue the break or break up?

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for almost 4 years now. Shit started a few months back, my girlfriend started getting depressed because she was failing her second year of medicine. That meant she'd lose all her friends, which were her classmates. Yes, she could have tried to stay friends with those people, but she isn't good at being social and much rather follow a pack. Right then was the time that she was starting to push me away, we'd only see each other in the weekends. And not only that, in order to get away from the depression she started going on some forum to seek new friends and spend a shitload of time per day into that forum and those people. I tried to support her with that, even though I was alone the whole time. I'll keep the long story short: she hurt me a lot and lied a lot. Once about meeting with a guy (but I know nothing happened, because she had to break his heart and saw that happen). And the worst lie is when she said she loved me again and would leave the forum and a guy I found out about she started to really like (an online guy yeah). But 'cause she lied so much to me in that period (which took 5 months) I didn't trust her anymore and got onto her Skype to find out about the whole truth (the other guy) Now we're on a break so she can figure out her feelings. Almost complete radio silence with it. I know I'm not easy to deal with emotionally when something happens that really scares me (the pushing away ad all) but I love this girl and have been trying my hardest to make her happy even when I was hurting from the lies and online-cheating. I think I still want a relationship with my girlfriend if she figures out she still loves me and breaks off communication with everything about that forum. This break only started today, so I'm lonely and hurt as fuck. I think I've been a great boyfriend all these years for the most part...

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to agree with madeInAmerica. She lied to you and needs time to decide if she wants you or not. It s enough reasons to give her a big break.

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems that she tend to lie a lot because she's afraid to be alone. relationship is reciprocal; it should be give and take, but not in the sense that you’re always giving and she's always taking. but seriously, be strong and you know when enough is enough!
    you still care about her, but you need to care about yourself too. If the circumstances warrant it, leave her behind and move on when you must.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• I'm never one to let others decide if they want to be with me or not. If she has to take time to decide then she isn't worth my time. It should be plain and simple choice. I would dump her. Her lies was enough of a break up already.

• First off does she still want a relationship with you or she doesn't know?