Would you dump your boyfriend or girlfriend if they just didn't fit in with your family?

Not talking about your parents not likely them am talking about them just not fitting in with your family.

• yes
  • no
  • dating them not my parents
    Vote C

911

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like family is important, but so is finding a partner. At the end of the day, I'm dating my partner and getting things from him that I can never get from my family. So, if I loved my partner and he fit for me, I wouldn't care if he didn't fit with my family.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of my family are racist and I have been told from a young age that I must date my own kind (I assume they mean humans that are the same race as me) and well never being someone that likes being told what to do, I have always done the opposite. I will date a woman of any race and my family don't have a say in the matter. So, no I wouldn't dump a woman because my family didn't like her, I would however be worried that she'd dump me and I probably wouldn't blame her.

• Good to know respected and I ment fit in with your family like its always awkward when sheai around then. Because she doesn't fit in

What Girls Said 8

• Of course nkt. Diversity is a really good thing for families. Plus, it doesn't matter of they don't fit it. They aren't trying to fit in with my family, they r just trying to be with me :)

• No. As long as he is a good person to me and our relationship is based on love and respect, I couldn't care less whether he fits in with my family.

• I would be more worried if someone I liked actually fit in with my family lol

Honestly I don't need or want my boyfriend to be close to or fit in with my family, they're not the best people and I wouldn't torture him with them.

• as long as he fits in with me.

• No, as long as he fits in with me is all i care :) but just as long as he respects my family also

• I guess it depends on the family values of one another. My family is really important to me so I guess it'll definitely be a BIG problem.

• As long as he's a good person that's what matters

• If my brother doesn't approve, he's history.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't even fit in with my family

• Harmony between family and your significant other is important and nice to have. However, on a case by case basis, I wouldn't make it a requirement. My point is although I would definitely say they are dating me and not my family... harmony with family is not as unimportant and indispensable as some come to make it... esp. naive younger folks.

• At that point I am aiming to create my own family with a person I like. So they would just have to adapt. But in reality I wouldn't be with a girl that my family wouldn't like because I'd probably not like her by then either.

• I barely fit in with my family, so no I would not dump her for that.

• Yeah, almost my whole family is super conservative and religious while I'm not. :P

• Haha am very reserved can't really do small talk like the rest of my family. Lok just the odd 1 of the group

• Didn't fit in my family how?

• It's not that they dont like your girlfriend but she just does not fit into your family... like she making i. Awkward being around your family

• Hmmm... I would keep trying to make it work until I no longer can and it's very disruptive to the family.

• Yes of course, If she is not willing to adjust bitch needs to leave.

• Oh yes if she didn't fit in with my family I would have her flogged and thrown into jail

• Of course I would. My mother is much smarter than my girlfriend, so she would know if she is worth it or not.

• No, but it would be nice if she did

• Family is the only reason I date and I get along extremely well with my family more than I do with anyone else so if my SO doesn't fit in well with the Fam they're either gonna have to change or find someone else to date. I don't need love, security, support, sex or anything that comes along with relationships the only reason I date is to increase my familial network and bring more joy to my life so either you fit into the big picture or your out. It's the main reason why I've got a whole lot of female friends and very few exes.

• Your life so enjoy it

• Sorry that was towards the opinion owner, I always forget to tag.

lol, it's good you can get help from them though. My family only calls me when they want help, not the other way around.

• @GirlsLie lol I know awww that's sad