I feel better when my ex is single. Is this bad? Is there something wrong with me?

So I only have one person I call my ex. Although I've dated other people the usual negative feelings that happen after a break up only happened with her. Anyways I've had a problem with checking her Facebook. It's usually just a quick glance every couple months or so but I hate doing it because I feel like it's stalking and probably bad for my health. It's like a bad drug I keep relapsing into. I met this girl 5 years ago and over those 5 years we dated broke up and just randomly had sporadic dates or date like things that happened. Niether of us are too good at relationships. I barely date anyone and mostly stick to friends or friends with benefits. She usually dates a guy for about 6 months breaks up with him then finds a new guy. I was a catalyst for a lot of her breakups so I've tried my best to stay away from her. A lot of the time I was a filler guy between relationships but I'm not very dependable/consistent relationship wise so it never works out for long. But I've noticed over the years that I feel a lot happier when she's single even if I'm not in contact with her. I feel like that's wrong of me. I can't date her again because the relationship was so toxic nearly everyone who I talk to about my relationships made me promise not too... again. But at the same time I don't know how to move on. I've tried meeting other people but it doesn't work. I even went to my universities counsellors which also didn't help. I just feel stuck

33

Most Helpful Guy

• That's natural. That being said I think keeping track and thinking about am ex or someone you dated and were close to in the past is counterproductive and unhealthy regardless of they're single or not. I mean it depends on how it ended I guess, but for example my closest to a relationship, I ended up getting used as a rebound which fucked me up big time and honestly thinking about her and wondering about her even if she was single just made me angry and jealous. I also had some anger issues and said some very nasty and hateful things about her, even though she fucked me over. But the problem is, the anger consumed me. Even if I had dates with other girls afterwards.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to unfriend her, block her number from your phone and whatever else it takes. It'll be hard to do but it'll also make moving on easier. Do it!

• nothing is wrong with you, love.

• You still have feelings for her.

What Guys Said 2

• It's a natural feeling, but you shouldn't track your exes relationship status.

Funny story. My best friend out of the blue told me an old ex of mine got divorced. I was like, "... what makes you think I want to know that? Lol. And further, why were you checking up on that?". It's just better to be removed from her life if you're not a part of it. Live your life and don't bookmark hers

• Agreed, it's a waste of time and very counterproductive. It'll just make you more jealous and angry if anything depending on how the relationship went.

• @bloodmountain1990

Yeep... that being said, I had to look up my ex after my friend told me the story lol. It was in my mind a week later and I let the curiosity fester.

• No, but you shouldn't really care if she is single or not. There is nothing you have to gain from knowing... though i believe you are still hung up on this chick