Is it wrong that I still have my ex's iPad? Its been almost 2 weeks and he hasn't asked for it back?

Wasn't the best break up, he dumped me after an argument when I went round his house. I got upset and apologised but he was having none of it, we went out for 2 years and were pretty serious. Yet he was so blunt with saying it was over, I asked for a hug because I said it would be the last time he sees me cuz even though he hoped we could remani friends, I just couldnt be friends with him. He said No and "you will see me again cuz you gotta give back my iPad." when he got inside within 10 minutes he had deleted our relationship off facebook, all our pictures, happy memories together including statuses and joined a dating website. This made me hate him so much I just deleted him off facebook completely and haven't spoke to him since. I do feel bad that I have his brand new ipad he got for work though and wondered if I should message him asking to give it back or just wait for him. I dont wanna feel like a greedy bitch but part of me hopes we can get back together when I give it back cuz despite all the shit I still love him.

46

Most Helpful Guy

• you're asking if it is wrong to keep something that doesn't belong to you?

come on you learned this lesson in elementary school. be mature and give him his property back. don't use it as a tool, thinking you can get back together with him. in fact you keeping it will probably only serve to reinforce his feelings that he shouldn't be with you because you are acting unethically

• I never once said I plan to keep it. I just dont know whether to break no contact and ask to give it back or wait for him to. I dont understand why he hasn't asked for it back yet

• give hi back his Ipad... put it in the mail if you don't want to see him. Or reach out to a friend and ask him to deliver to him.

I get you don't want to talk to him yet. that's ok. but holding on to the IPad only leaves you in a bad light

• I'd rather give it to him but id just have thought bed ask for it back cuz he said he will see me again to get it back and he said he needed space do I assumed he'd contact me when he was ready to get it from me

Most Helpful Girl

• It's awful that someone chose to throw a two year relationship down the drain because of an argument. I can understand that you're crushed especially since he's on the prowl for hookups. As cliche as it sounds, things happen for a reason. If he had really was committed, he wouldn't have deleted all your memories as if two years meant nothing. Perhaps it's your time to find someone who loves you unconditionally and isn't quick to pull the plug. Regardless, continue being a decent person and give him back his iPad. Yes, keeping it might seem like revenge but it doesn't make you better. Don't stoop to his level. Mail it back and don't look back.

• do you think he has too much pride to just text me and ask for it back though? I am just waiting for the dust to settle s he is not angry anymore then hopefully he can get his ipad from me. Its his responsibiity so he should ask me for it. I have done enough favours for him in the past

What Guys Said 5

• You should mail that thing in such a way that the mailman doesn't and cannot steal it. Maybe ask a mutual friend to give it to him.

• Mail it to him. It's unfair to hold onto an expensive thing just in hopes that it will force him to come back.

• but he was a jerk. He should come get it back. I live 5 minutes walk away from him

• I would give it back soon though, he may have realized that you still have it... the longer you wait the more pissed he will get and your chances of getting back together may dwindle on account of that Ipad.

• he knows all he need do is ask and I will, but he is too busy ignoring me and trying to hook up with girls to contact me. I was pissed so why would I do him any favours. I have no intention of keeing it though I am a decent person

• I will, I am just doing the No Contact stuff atm, I will text him and ask to give him the ipad back unless he asks first.

• Sounds like plan.. don't mope around, it appears as though he has moved on so why not have some fun. I am not saying do what he is doing, because even for me I can't just turn something like that off like a light switch! However, I am sure you could use a break from thinking about it?

• you two should get back together , no cheating involved right? so i think it is probably fixable

• YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD GIVE IT BACK!!

What was the argument about?

• I was moody cuz he altered my plans to meet up on the Saturday, he stormed off back home refusing to meet up with me the entire day and told me to leave im alone. I didn't and text him that he had made me upset and to please reconsider that I was sorry. Then because I had said all them things he just got annoyed at me and said it wasn't working

• I think yourre a bit of a masogenist tbh. It takes 2 to have an argument. I shouldn't feel threatened for havig feelings

• @asker Your feelings were unwarranted in this situation. You should have argued based on principles NOT on feelings. Argue to get something you want (principle) not to feel better. Punching someone does nothing unless they hurt you first (principal - defending yourself). You can't punch someone because they made you mad. (metaphor- emotions)

What Girls Said 3

• No, it is not wrong if you don't plan on keeping it for yourself. It's his responsibility to pick up any belongings that may be at your home.

• dude give him his ipad back. whether or not he even wants to get back with you is another thing. he probably doesn't want to go to your place and get it because he might not want to give you the hope there may ever be something between the two of you again.

• You should give it back

• I am intending to! I just wish he would text me to hand it back