Maintaining a friendship with someone you used to date a good idea?

a few weeks ago I called it off with a woman I had been dating for about 3 months, Nothing was wrong with our relationship, but we just couldnt seem to spend enough quality time together for it to any further. recently I've started dating someone else whom im able to spend more time with. I still text the woman I used to date to see how she's doing and what she's been up too because Id like to at least maintain some sort of friendship with her after all we got along great and towards the end of our relationship I felt more like friends anyway. Is it a good idea to chat with her every now and then?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to then sure, why not...

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not a bad idea. plus it was only 3 months, not enough time for anything solid. I still talk to my ex that i dated for 3 years and that was about 5 years ago. we try to keep it friends, but we both admitted that sometimes, feelings come up.
    nothing wrong in maintaining a friend.

What Girls Said 1

• i think you should move on. stop contacting her anymore, then she can start her new life all over, if you keep contacting her, she may think you still have feelings for her, it will make her more miserable. so cut it off, for her happiness if you really want her to be happy!!

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!