Should I stay with the father of my 4 year old son or leave?

I broke up with him because he was emotionally abusive and he said he would do whatever it takes to keep me. I realized I'm not in love with him anymore. I told him that too. I've given him another chance, he's stopped being emotionally abusive and tries to ask about my day more. He feels more like a friend to me than a boyfriend. I know he loves but I feel guilty leaving. Don't know what to do.

11

What Guys Said 1

• You have a kid but a kid growing up in a loveless home will be more stunted than a kid of a healthy divorce in my opinion. He should go to therapy to learn to deal with his abusive tendencies, if not then you need to leave for your own sanity.

What Girls Said 1

• If he was abusive there's no question you should leave. If you're not happy that's another reason. I feel for you. I just got out of an emotional abusive relationship. I can't imagine having a child with that guy I shudder to think. But you have to do what makes you happy and if he's not it fuck him. You think he'd feel guilty for leaving you if he was no longer happy with you? Life is too short for the bullshit.