My boyfriend left his wife for me & got a divorce a year ago, and I want to break up with him?

I'm just not happy. I feel terrible.

What do I do?

179

Most Helpful Guy

• You cannot force happiness. The best thing is to end it. No sense continuing the pain. I am sure he is not happy either. Seems to be his streak.

Feeling terrible for his sake is ridiculous. A good lesson to learn here is hooking up with someone who already is in a relationship. It is unstable and you get the garbage of another to pick up from the start. He had no time to grief his loss no-matter how much he hated his ex. Plus you need to evaluate yourself for doing such a thing to begin with. This result was enviable.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be an Honest Jane, sweetie, don't hold back. You need to tell him as soon as possible how you feel.
    Don't do it by phone nor text, you Need to do this face to face, and tell him where it is now he stand with his Own... Place.
    The way I see things as wise as I am, he left his heartbroken 'Wife for me and got a divorce a year ago,' and Now... It appears here, dear, it has come back to bite him Big time.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 8

• Wow... terrible. But you can't live a life of unhappiness out of obligation... or guilt. there's really nothing else to do but just break up. Its either you do it now or do it later when it will be even messier.

• Just break up, if you're not happy, don't feel guilty about him leaving his wife. There should be no guilt associated with it on your end since he made the decision to leave his wife. Why aren't you happy now?

• Well wow that sucks for both of you. Mostly for him though. Would he still have left her if you weren't in his life? I hope so

You didn't explain why you are not happy. You should try to find a way to make it work if you really can't then break up

• You need to sit down with this guy and talk to him about the problems you have and if necessary you need to end the relationship. There is no point in remaining in a relationship you're not happy in because you are afraid of hurting your partner.

• Well you are a pretty terrible person. Anyway there is nothing you can do, just break up with him. And you should both try to learn a lesson from this.

• Break up with him. We all make life choices, and it looks like he made his. You are not obligated to stay with him simply because he got a divorce.

• You just break up with him.

• If you don't want to be with him anymore, it's probably best to end it. You don't want to stay with someone out of a sense of obligation.

What Girls Said 16

• What he did (leaving his wife) is his own decision, you don't owe him anything. If you're unhappy tell him, because you deserve your own happiness.

• I get why you would feel terrible, but he chose to divorce his wife for you. You need to focus on yourself. If you're not happy, leave or you will regret it. He wasn't meant to be with his ex-wife regardless.

• So break up. He's a cheater and frankly he deserves it.

• Break up? Not much else you can do.

• If you don't want to be with him then end it. Its unfair being with him if you don't want him.

• Then break up with him. You don't need a reason more than you're unhappy. If you've tried to make it work or have no desire to try then split up with him. Live your life for you.

• Break up,, soon.
    Don't keep taking up time, that's not fair to him.

• then leave. you're not obligated to stay just because he left his wife "for you"

• If it isn't working out, tell him. There might've been more factors to the divorce than just you. Don't let guilt hold you back.

• I guess you successfully have made his ex wife happier

• Well keep trying to work through it.

• Uh oh spaghetti oh!!!

• Just break up with him. What's in it for both of you if you stay? Let you be his lesson and her ex wife's revenge.

• Life is too short to spend ANY of it feeling miserable. Dump the pig and move on - you deserve better.

The relationship was unhealthy from the start. You can't expect an unhealthy relationship to flourish into a loving, healthy relationship, just as you can't turn a rock into gold.

You should be proud of yourself for realising your past mistakes and that you deserve better. Keep your chin up, have faith, and be brave.

• That's what he deserves
    #karma

• Try as best as you can to make it work. Leaving his wife was HIS choice. You gotta be happy. There's nothing wrong taking a few months to try whatever it takes to make it work. But breaking up may be the option you have to take.