Should I tell him... or no?

Hey guys, How would you feel/respond if your kinda recent ex told you she still had feelings for you? If you loved her at one point... would it make a difference? I mean if you guys were together for 4 years and hit some rough patches and she broke it off?

29

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I have had many relationships now amazing, some good, most horrid. I have experienced a lot and lived a bit and know for a fact that if a relationship hits rough spots and has even one separated break in it. IT WILL NEVER WORK no matter how many times you try. Even if there is changes that occurred to convince each other of their renewed vows. Once it hits the brakes the wonderful glorious stuff at the beginning doesn't mean what it use to. and that is the foundation of the relation.

Don't do what many of us has. Lying to yourself as this time will be different. All that is doing more of the same expecting different results. That is the definition of insanity.

Trust me when you finally find that true love that you desire, then Happiness will drive that relationship smoothly down the road of destiny. And you are never too old to find it either. All you have to do is stop looking for it at it will find you, ONLY if your are done wasting your time with mind games with others that don't deserve you.

• Thanks@sitdown that is profound wisdom right there😀 Have you found your soul mate yet?

• @SITdown I also appreciate your wise words :)

• Well that depends on the rough patch. Its not reasuring if she broke it off with out actually trying to fix things, then again some times people make mistakes so it would be dependent on why she broke things off rather then that she did break things off.

• If I was single and my ex told me that, I might have considered getting back together (assuming I saw no other red flags), but I would've pressed her for a final decision... an ironclad guarantee that she would never jump ship on me again. And when I say "final" I mean "in force all the way to the grave". No exceptions. In short, if you want him now, you had better be prepared to marry him... and permanently erase the word "divorce" from your vocabulary. It's always a good idea to do that, but in this case it's doubly important.

• Thanks Setsu, but I don't think he wants to be with me anymore, so marriage is def out of the question :/

• You could try but I don't have much faith in on again off again relationships

• It depends. I think you need to be careful with that. He might think you're unstable if you break up with him and then just contact him afterwards saying you still want him. Ask him if you guys can talk somewhere and then just tell him how you feel. Everything though don't withhold anything.

• Yes I see your point, however it's been about 9 months and he is still flirting with me... you think he needs to hear me say this to him?

• That's fair... but if you were still contemplating.. would that effect your decision?

• Maybe. Again it depends on our history and what were both looking for in our futures.

• It kind of depends. Is he single atm?

• I'm pretty sure... but I don't really know :/

• Well, if you are reasonably sure he's single, you can kind of operate on the assumption he is. And if he says he's not single, then obviously it's not to be.
      At any rate, perhaps you should get in touch with him. You don't have to confess your undying love for him or anything. Maybe you could even just go for coffee or something. You know, "catch up." Start associating with him again, and see if anything develops.

• If the girl broke it off then there's only a small chance of getting back together

• I suppose it may work if he hasn't moved on since then...

What Girls Said 2

• the best thing would be to cut contact

• Well, like the old saying goes, If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they’re yours; if they don’t they never were.