Break up through text? Why hurt me like that :( ?

So I woke up to a text from my now EX girlfriend of almost 2 years that fucking crushed me. Told be we should "go our separate ways" and all that. I gotta say I'm so furious because she wasn't even woman enough to tell to my face. It really made me lose all respect for her. Makes it worse is their wasn't much explanation behind it, all I really got was "the pain is too much" and "the distance between us is too much" keep in mind distance really isn't a issue she's 45-50 minutes away driving and she has a car but yeah I guess lol. Texts me telling me this isn't easy for her to do but yet if your doing this over a text. Seems awfully easy to me just my 2 cents though.

So I've got a bunch of mixed emotions but the one that's really showing through is anger and the feeling of been truly hurt by someone.

We were going through a rough patch happened before on some minor things but we'd always get through regardless.

Im just so disgusted with her actions and how she handled it. I think she's a complete coward for it.

Am I wrong? 😕

• is she worth any more effort?
  • Or should I let this girl crash burn and let karma do the rest?
Thanks for all the replies everyone it really helped a lot. Well she came this Monday to pick up all her stuff. Won't lie it was hard because I spent the week actually feeling better and then we she came it kinda brought back the emotions. She still claimed it was distance so oh well but their was a dude with her when she drove to pick up her stuff claims she's just talking with him for now but I honestly don't give a fuck. He's just gonna fuck, leave her out in the cold.
She'll feel dumb when she realizes that a genuine dude who doesn't cheat is incredibly rare to find. I unfriended her on Facebook and every social media app cause I needed this bitch out my life for good. Sounds childish I know but I really don't need reminders of her. I feel bad for any dude pursing this loser with no goals or aspirations. In brighter news Im actually thankful she broke it off cause I've met an amazing chick recently and this door wouldn't have been opened without what she did

94

Most Helpful Girl

• She is a complete coward. And after two years, to not have a real explanation? No way. That's just rude, and there's got to be more to this story. You need to meet with her in person no matter how hard that will be for you, tell her she owes you at the very least a reason. And let her know you do not deserve to be disrespected like that over text. If you've gotten through rough times before though, and if there's any reason you want to still be with her after her actions, you have to give it a chance. Two years is a long time to invest in a relationship so she obviously means a lot to you... best of luck to you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got dumped by the same girl 3 different ways. The first she called me. I said okay and hung up. She ended up calling me a few days later to try and fix it. It hurt but I was more disoriented than anything. The second time it was in person. I had to fight back tears as I drove her home. The third time it was by text. I hurt but after awhile I felt pretty okay. Long story short getting dumped hurts no matter how it's done. People always want to believe that doing it in person is best but really it isn't always. I mean if they wanna break up they wanna break up. When she did it in person she was stumbling through words tryna make stuff okay and all I felt was "what the f are you talking about" over text I really didn't even care much about her reasoning by comparison to the other times it was a relief. I didn't feel like I was being attacked for something I didn't even know I was doing. I didn't feel patronized by her bull crap excuses. I just felt like welp it's over, feel bad, and keep trucking I guess. People always think a phone call or an in person dialog is better because its courteous or may help change the outcome of something but in my opinion if you're breaking up with me it's because there's something wrong that probably can't get fixed or you aren't comfortable enough to talk to me about fixing it so it's probably the best decision to just cut ties. How it happens doesn't matter much to me anymore. I mean what was really gonna happen in person other than both of you feeling like shit and still breaking up.

What Girls Said 8

• Wow 2 years and that's how she treats you? Honestly you deserve better. Obviously I don't know how your arguments went but it sounds like it must have been something from one of your recent arguments or fights that provoked her reaction.

But in all honesty, if she's too coward to say it in front of you and give you a valid reason for breaking up, she ain't worth it. It must be tough for you though bro so stay strong :) Don't let anger take over your life man just try move on hang with your mates and take your mind of her. It takes two to make a relationship work so keep your head high!

• Omg almost 2 yrs? She is fucking awful! Wow ! She is fucking complaining about the distance... me and my boyfriend live 11 fucking hrs away and I don't complain! She makes me so mad! I am sooo sorry that she did that to you! I am surs another girl will come along and treat you how you are suppose to be treated and love you kore than sge did! I am very sorry

• I couldn't agree more with your second option. No disrespect to her but breaking up over text is not the way to go.

• There is no reason she couldn't have told you in person. She's not worth your time. I'm sorry this happened to you

• Wow, that's such a shitty way to break up with someone.

• Omg. Move on. After two years she breaks through text. Be thankful its not divorcé via lawyer. In my opinion, you are better off w/o this cold fish.

• Talk to her and let her know what you think?
    All that 'too much pain' and distance sounds like bs when you really care about someone imho, but I dunno the details of what happened.
    Maybe she's just feeling you don't car and didn't have the nerve to talk to you face to face... which is weird considering you've been dating for that long. Some people are strange though.

• That's really nasty of her, and if she is willing to treat you like that then she clearly isn't worth your time.

Life is too short to waste time and allow people (especially ones you trusted and cared for) to treat you like dirt.

Time to pick up your "swaggy", get the hell away from her and don't look back.

What Guys Said 3

• Bro, I'm so sorry and I feel you. I went through something similar. You won't feel better until you totally give up on her. You could never love her the same after this anyways. You're in for a rough patch but I promise things do get better over time. You gotta let go and get rid of things that remind you of her. That was the hardest part for me. But it's necessary to ever feel better. Good luck and keep your head up. You'll make it through I promise. Don't hold back on praying about it either. That can really help a lot

• Just drive out to her and talk shit through, dont end it on her text, talk to her in person

• Not cool. I wish we'd all just be honest when we breakup, just tell us why you are leaving and let's move on.