Have you Ever Used Social Media to Spy on an Ex?

How did it make you feel? Did you check to see whether they had moved on with a new partner? How about photographs where they are genuinely smiling? If your ex blocked you have you asked a friend to spy on their profile? Or have you blocked them and asked afriend to spy on them.

• I spy / spied once a day
  • more than once a day
  • at least once a week
    Vote C
  • I ask friends to provide feedback
    Vote D
  • No, never
    Vote E

1917

Most Helpful Girl

• After my last break up i was in a bad place and yes i stalked every social media site he was on. It lasted about three weeks and then my friends intervened and i stopped. For me a lot of it was suddenly having all this free time available that i used to spend talking or hanging with him.

What Guys Said 17

• After MANY years I decided to "look up" an ex on the popular social media site. I about fell out of my chair. LOL... She was married to another woman, and they had an adopted girl. I was looking through "family" photos. Totally took my by surprise that she became a lesbian. I'm cool with it... I'm not being judgmental... Just shocked! LOL...

• Never ! It is always a good idea to move on right away. Fix yourself and never look back.
    Creeping on others is a sick trait that make you sicker rather than healthier which should be the direction your heading otherwise you are just slowly sinking into an abyss of pathetic drudge.

move on, I guarantee he doesn't think about you in the slightest.

pathetic huh?

• Completely agree, I've been guilty of this and all it did was make me angry, jealous, and a bitter person overall. It probably hurt me with girls I dated afterwards.

• Nope. Stopped all interactions, Friendships, & such with all Exs i've had. No point in being friends when it could possibly lead to not moving on.

Only ever seen their stuff when scrolling through social media and happened to stumble upon them.

Chose to delete all my Social Media accounts so them and others i know can't see what school/Job/Hobbies/events i go to. Lol ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• not sure how to to vote here... I check in on my exes every so often, maybe something reminded me of them or whatever and I just wanted to see how things are going. But not once a week or anything... not even right after the break up lol this is maybe 2-3 times a year thing.

• No I blocked mine and keep my mind of of us. I'm almost positive she still checks mine (she has my Pw too) I think that makes things even harder and I don't like to occupy my mind with those thoughts.

• That's a shitty thing to do I think. It's the opposite of moving on too.

• Don't we all?

• One time I looked up someone's address on the property appraiser and looked at their house with street view... Lol...

• I have not used social media. BUT I have used a guy to spy. it do not suit for me to spy.

• Did it make you feel better or worse? As in: did you find out anything that made you sad or did her apparent not moving on make you feel better?

• Good for you. You'll meet someone worthy of you and you'll look back and smile on any past upsets wondering why it consumed so much of your time.

• okay. How about you.

• never... lol

• I don't know if this technically considered spying as I was still fb friends with the girl, but a girl who used me as a rebound just left me out of the blue but still kept me on her fb friends list. Because I didn't know her reason for leaving, it left me confused and I over analyzed everything we both did and trying to find out where I went wrong so if check her fb to see what was going on and she ended up going back to the ex she complained about which made shit worse.

I learned that when you have an ex or someone you dated and things went bad, it's best to delete them from everything from phone, social media, etc. It's the most counterproductive thing you can do and it'll make you angry and jealous whether they're with someone else or not.

• I did it for several. One was a girl who pulled some really nasty stuff to me, and I wanted to see if a mutual friend was still friends with this person. I also wanted to see if I remembered her last name. Which I only saw once.

One, I got a little invested in the family. It was more just to see if I could find out if her brother got better (he was really ill), or how her folks were doing (they were older and having those typical "older people issues").

• I sometimes check my exes Facebook accounts lol.

• Still have her onsocial media and i still look at her profile and status. Still hurts like hell finding out she got another guy

• That sounds almost as creepy as the time my mother started google-stalking the teenage girl who rear-ended my father's truck because she was texting while driving.

• All I want from my ex is her death cuz she broke my heart way worst than any other woman that I had dated.

• What'd she do?

• @bloodmountain1990 she cheated on me and stared to rub him in and I got so pissed cuz I had feelings for her and she broke my heart like a big fat bitch.

• I got a female friend's facebook details and logged into her account to see what was going on with her, I used this information to get her to like me and she is now my girlfriend. I'm a terrible person but all is fair in love and war.

What Girls Said 18

• I don't have a social media account - thankfully. =)

• I don't really spy, but we're still friends/following each other on social media so his stuff pops up on my feeds once in a while. I did check his Facebook profile once because the same girl kept showing up and I was curious about whether or not they were together, but that's the extent of it. If he'd blocked me on anything, though, I'd respect that and wouldn't ask a friend to spy. That's just too much, in my opinion.

It felt a little bittersweet. Like good for him, because she seems like fun, but also... I dunno, I wish we could've stayed together. I don't think seeing the photos really helps or hurts. It's neutral for me.

• Oh yes. I was a part of the creepy stalker club. Glad that's done with.

• I check on my first ex to see how his career in show biz is going. Maybe once a month. I wished him the best and still do. He seems to be doing great! My second ex is blocked.. been blocked since a week after the breakup 6 months ago. I don't give a shit what he does..

• srry i am not crazy!

• I'm not going to lie and have done it before. Especially after a very recent breakup. After a few weeks or a month... I moved on. It was a coping mechanism while I felt better or found someone new 😊

• I did, and i'm a bit ashamed of myself. I wanted to find out if he was hurtign as much as i was ( he wasn;t) and i still cared about him, and i still do, but i moved on

• yes, like a month after. but only once.

• My exes don't have social media accounts so I never Had that issue thankfully :)

• Yeah it's tempting

• i'm using it just to stalk my boyfriend, why bother about your ex

• i have a few times

• I don't have any exes but I have used it to check up on people.

• I did with one guy. Things were going so well for months, then he just started disappearing. I checked his Facebook posts to see what was up, since he was ignoring my calls (I called like once, waited a few days and tried again).

I saw him tagged in some photos at some friend's parties, getting drunk with girls hanging off his neck. That made it very easy for me to move on. I was really confused and hurt, and I'm not proud that I did it. But I don't do that any more.

• No but once saw his new girlfriends Facebook to see who the big mouthed rat was that seemed to have an opinion on me when I didn't know her... she put me down about my hair my looks my vagina my pubic hair you name it she was ripping me to shreds... so wanted to see who this babe was turns out was a fat lassie with thick specks!! so yeah only once and anyone would of done the same..

• A. I spy every day per. hour, and have been doing it for 1-2 yr still with him

• im still inlove with him****

• I got it bad

• it hurts me to know its over and im scared that he marries someone else I wanted to be his wife and love of his life

• Never had a ex in my life, but I do use social media to stalk people every now and then.

• That would require me to have an ex in the first place