Should I tell my ex how I feel or should I just leave it alone?

My ex has been acting distant these last few weeks and he's ignoring some of my text. I'm trying to get a better understanding of what he wants. He wants me back in his life, but he treats me as if he's not interested anymore. I've told him many times how this made me feel and he ignores me. For someone who told me that he cares a lot about me he doesn't show it, well at least not anymore. He was so open a few months ago and now when I try to get anything out of him he just gets silent and doesn't respond. I want to tell him how I feel because he is really hurting me, but at the same time I don't want to push him away even more. I don't know what more to do to get his attention. Every time I text him he's always occupied with other things. A couple weeks ago I asked him why he isn't talking to me and he said that he's focused on other things, so I left him alone for a while then he contacts me the following week we talk brief then that was it. I initiated contact last Friday and he just completely ignored me which hurt.

He told me a few months ago that he isn't out trying to hurt me, well if that was true why is he doing this to me? I want to believe that he's focused on his job, and trying to make money so he can get a vehicle maybe that's why he's acting the way he is, but I don't know anymore he won't tell me what's going on with us. I'm really hurting and I just don't know what more to do. I want to go off on him, but I know doing that would push him farther away, if I tell him how I feel he'll ignore me as usual and I'll regret sending him that message and feeling even more hurt. I really don't know, I wish he wouldn't be like this.

30

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• This guy clearly doesn't see you as a priority in his life nor seems to be romantically interested. I'm not sure why you'd still want to talk it out seeing as you mention that you've expressed these issues to him before and he still didn't listen. You're literally wasting your time on this guy.

• If he wasn't interested he wouldn't want me in his life. I may not be not be a priority, but he does still text me. He has said that he wants a relationship with me, just not right now. He was really close, but he seemed to pull away these last few weeks. I'm just trying to see what's going on with him more or less what's going on with us, but he just won't answer.

• "For some reason he won't let me go."

He literally ignores you flat out and you think it's his way of not letting you go? 0_o That's how a person says "I don't want to talk to you"..

• He doesn't ignore me all the time though. I've asked him why he won't let me go and all he said was, " I don't give up on people." I don't know what's going on with him, he always seems to be doing "good" every time I text him. I'm seriously at the point of just telling him of so I can just let go because I'm tired of stressing out about it.

• I think you need to realise that he will be different because you are not his girlfriend anymore you are now just a friend which means on his list of priorities you have gone from the top to somewhere around the middle. I understand that you automatically think he will be similar to how he was when you were together but this isn't going to happen.

I think you also need to see that he has moved on and wants to be friends with you but I doubt anything will come of it now... Sorry :(

• He doesn't want me to be his friend. Last time I said something like that he said, ? if that's what you want" I said, "no" then he replied, "quit saying things you don't mean" he has told me that eventually he wants to have a relationship with me again, just not right now. He wants to take things slow and for me to just "chill". We did talk Friday morning he just ignored me Friday night. He says that I'm the only one, he doesn't plan on getting with anyone, at least not for awhile. I've probably just overwhelmed him these last few months.

• He's your ex sweetheart and u will not be friends forever because when he gets a girlfriend she won't like that ur talking to ur ex and when u get a boyfriend he Wong like u talking to ur ex so