My husband and I are splitting and I don't know how to feel?

My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years now. We have 2 kids. We aren't legally splitting, yet. We hope for it to eventually work out. However, I'm not sure I want it to work out. When we got married he was a 100% different person. He has combat related PTSD and it's been getting worse. He's become emotionally, verbally, and every once and again physically abusive. He knows he needs to work on himself, and he kind of is trying, but even though we are split I still feel restricted. We have been though so much together and have beat the odds I still love him without a doubt. I don't know what to think or do. I can supply more information if needed.

11

What Guys Said 1

• If he is trying to work on his issues, what exactly is going wrong? Are his issues so severe that they can't be resolved at all?

I think the marriage can still be saved. It's important that his problems are identified accurately, and dealt with.

• It's mostly his PTSD, which causes anger problems. He also has a bit of a problem cheating. I'm sick of being a doormat. I just don't know what to feel any more.

• How severe is his PSTD? I suppose it can't be completely cured, but can be managed to such an extent that there are hardly any symptoms. It takes time, but it CAN happen for sure.

But if he cheats as well, then maybe splitting up, or perhaps even a divorce could be the way forward.

• His PTSD is pretty bar and getting worse. I know PTSD can be controlled. I have non-combat related PTSD and handle mine just fine. I have faith he can get better. That's one of the reasons why I didn't just flat out ask for a divorce.

What Girls Said 1

• A marriage breaking down is very tough, you somehow feel like a failure even though it isn't your fault. I have been here and its awful... I think he needs to see a therapist and it may be a good idea to do some couple counselling too. The reason being that if you still love him, healing alone will exclude you from it...

• This would be my second failed marriage. We've tried the marriage counseling he hates it. It feels like it makes it worse. I've talked to his about personal therapy, but he says he doesn't need it.

• Oh dear I imagine you have fought extra hard then. You need to concentrate on you and the kids x