Any successful breakup stories?

Am looking for successful lovers reunion stories after breaking up for sometime..
I think it could be so beneficial for all of us to extract the lying secrets for the re-attraction process and hopefully use them in our advantage..

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I think successful reunions usually arise from situations where partners separated fro reason unrelated to the strength of their relationship, like both left home for college in different states.

Otherwise, there are no "secrets" for successful reunions. The keys to a happy reunion would be the same as the keys to a happy relationship. Unfortunately, when couples break up, they have encountered problems that they did not address and, when they reunite, they encounter the same problems. If you don't do anything different the second time around, you tend to get the same result. This phenomenon is so consistent that I always discourage reunions unless the couple separated for non-relationship reasons.

That is not what you want to hear but it is the best advice I can give you.

• Can i just ask if this is a non-relationship related issue. My ex and i broke up because he is incredibly busy and really struggled to find time for me and himself and it led to quite a few arguments, he's told me he wants to get back together but as his situation hasn't changed he thinks we will have the same problems. This will change by around July next year and i obviously won't be waiting around but i was just wondering if there is some hope in this situation?

• @arrow12 I think that is a relationship issue. I understand people being busy (I am an actively practicing attorney and I do a fair amount of volunteer work) but you generally spend time on the things that you consider important and he did not make your relationship a priority the first time around. "No time" is a problem but the larger problem is that you weren't important enough for him to give you his time. When you look at it that way, why would you want to be with him?

What Guys Said 2

• From everything that I have seen I don’t think getting back together with an Ex is ever really a good idea. I have however remained amazing friends with one girl I broke up with years ago. I don’t see her all that often anymore (she moved out of state for work) but we keep in touch and she is first in line to be the best man at my wedding.

• Me and my ex broke up after 6 months, then got back together later and lasted another year and a half. I mean i guess that isn't 'successful' since we broke up again but yeah :PP

• Why did u guys break up
      And how did u get back together?

• he cheated on me. we were still friends though so i never really stopped like him. So i got back with him because he said he regretted it and he wouldn't do it again. Tip: Dont get back with someone who cheated on you. Its likely they will cheat on you again

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend and I broke up after dating for 3 months. It was out of the blue... he told me he was confused at the time. I cried so much and hurt so much during the 4 months that we weren't together. We remained friends... but not Friends Friends. He still poked me and tried to make me laugh. Nearing the end of July, we went on a school camp for a week. Guess what? He was in my group for the entire thing. I think thats when he started to get feelings for me again. I had always had feelings for him but I was trying to move on and trying to like someone else. We became closer though... and Skype called every night for about 2 weeks. He would call me cute and say he wanted to marry me but because I was still so messed up from the last time we went out... it hurt when he said that. He asked me out at the end of September. And now we lived happily ever after... not. I still cry every night in fear that he's going to leave me again. I'm not sadder with him than I am without him and that is something you girls need to be warned about. ( www.worthabrick.tumblr.com ) <-----that is my tumblr blog about how I felt whilst we were going out and when he asked me out again. Scroll down to the very start. Be careful though, because it triggers some stuff. :)

• dont go back, he is not worth it