Are there dating rules while you are going through divorce proceedings?

Legally, are there rules to follow if you are gonna date someone while you are going through a divorce? Can you be sexually involved with someone else while you are in divorce proceedings?

02

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the rules where you live. California here is a "no fault" state, where the reason for divorce is irrelevant so you can fuck anyone you choose any time and it will have a negligible affect on the divorce. Places where the reason for divorce is considered may come down hard on that conduct.

• In that last part you said are you referring to if someone files on fault based grounds? I live in NY which is also a no fault state but does that necessarily mean you can't file for a fault based divorce?

• @Asker A no fault state means they don't consider fault at all. The reason is irrelevant, so they don't due fault based divorces. Since I don't know anything on NY I'd do some searches on this.

Now if you have kids having another guy around could impact custody issues depending on how that comes up.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope there isn't. Usually at least one person or not both are already fucking someone. Divorce proceeding can take months some even up to over a year to get official.

What Girls Said 0