My ex is trying to send someone to kill me. What do I do? Please help?

So today I passed out asleep... I woke up to several calls from an unknown ID... They were a blocked number, so I couldn't block them again... Then soon after they called, I got a text message from my ex... I'm guessing he changed his number or something... I'm like, positive it's him because it's similar to the stage name he had...

Why would he be texting me stuff like this? I thought we broke up and moved on, but according to him I guess not...

Then soon after, I got a text... from someone who is not in my phone... They say they see me, along with my city... I'm like so afraid...

Do I have a right to be scared? Should I sign it off as some sort of prank for Halloween? Should I genuinely be scared, and report it to the police, or just block the numbers and forget about it? Please, I'm afraid... Why would he still contact me after all these months?

59

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I would call the police and talk to them about it. It is better to be safe than dead. At this stage don't call 911 call them on their normal number and tell them what you have told us. If someone tries to break into your house call 911. Go around your house and make sure all windows and doors are shut and locked. Also tell your mum and dad. Do not delete anything you are sent, keep everything you are sent incase you need it later to show the police.

• I will. Thank you. I'm so afraid right now.

• No problem you are welcome.

• I agree with @AppleFan1 @RainbowFanGirl, and even if it is the "EX" who is in Back of the prank with an X that still Marks an X in his not so nice soapie spot here, dear, it is Good to at Least File and let the police know about this harassment so perhaps there is even something now they can do about it.
      It might even be Best from the Rest to be safe, to Change your number completely, and only give it out to trustworthy friends till the end. xx

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he trying to pull your leg!

What Guys Said 8

• Better to be safe than... Well end up in a ditch somewhere. Do you have any weapons in the house? You may want to call the cops... Not emergency number, and let them know what is happening. If someone does try to get into your house call 911

• I have a loaded gun in my basement and a baseball bat. And I will. Thank you so much.

• But thats just it, people aren't afraid of break ins' because they just dont really happen in many parts of the world

I can't imagine a 16 year old running for a loaded gun

Do you have one?

• @TripleAce the whole "it will never happen to me" mentality gets people killed. How many times does it need to happen to be a real threat? In my book once is more than enough and stories like this all all too common.

https://youtu.be/wS7LKwt1j18

And yes I have a simi automatic 5.56 rifle in my closet. If you want to discuss politics feel free to send me a PM. I don't want to bog this question up with unrelated discussion.

• Hummm

Most likely its a silly prank. a real criminal of a crazy person wouldn't contact you in that fashion or even bother calling a young girl a bunch of times... this soundd like a Halloween joke. Im almost certain

BUT keep your gaurds up and make sure your sleeping with one eye open for now. And if it continues tomorrow make a report for sure just to be safe

• Ugh, okay...

• So? How did your night go?

What do you think now?

• Then call the cops. Don't assume it's a prank, because it's extremely possible this guy is crazy and needs to be sent to a nuthouse.

• Yes, he was very crazy. I had bipolar and something else... And he always said he would kill me, even his own friends tried to stop him from doing so.

• I will thank you..

• You're welcome.

• Get the proof. report to the police for stalking or something

• Yeah at this rate you might need to call the Cops. :/. Not yet though, but you should, and you need to be careful so yeah there is my advice for you. :).

• I think it's a prank, but you should call the cops anyway.

• How are you so sure what your ex boyfriend intentions are?
    Anyway call the cops

• He said stuff like he wants to kill me and other things but I'm not sure he can do that and I will

• Must be Freddy Kruegar

What Girls Said 4

• I think he's trying to scare you, but I also don't know the full context of your relationship to be sure. If you two live in the same area and he persists, I'd call the cops. You don't play stupid games like that about someone's life, and if you feel threatened you have every right to hold him accountable for his actions in every way possible. I bet he won't pull dumb shit like that again.

Please be careful and safe. And keep these texts just in case.

• Okay. Thank you so much. Should I tell my parents? He moved to Arizona with his father soon after the relationship ended which is all the way across the states to me. He feels like I ruined his life, which is not the case so I am afraid.

• He's threatening you a year after your break up? There are clearly some bitter feelings he has yet to resolve, and I can totally relate to that. It's frustrating as hell.

Really though, don't worry yourself sick. If you are both minors he cannot come to get you. He can't even get a ride to you, let alone harm you.

• You sure he can't? The guy says he gave up, so I'm kinda relived at that...

• I think you should call the cops now because teenage boys can be really stupid and irrational. Trust me on this, my younger brother is one. o3o

• Yeah. The guy had mental problems. :p

• Don't worry, I blocked him on Facebook and everything else. Should I block these numbers as well?

• Yeah you should. Don't delete anything because you need the evidence.

• Hire bodyguards or if you can hire someone from the police special force. At least thats what i did when something like this happened to me last yr

• Tell your mother