Which of you women would get extremely upset and/or cry if someone implied you were fat?

So I like to watch a lot of these reality shows like Real World and Jersey Shore (don't judge me), and on a couple of those shows in the past couple episodes there have been situations where one of the girls was basically called fat. In each situation the woman got way upset over it and started talking about past eating disorders and etc.

Are women really THAT sensitive about their weight? I mean, these girls looked like they would've ran to a dark room and rocked back and forth crying if it wasn't for the other girls stepping in for support.

100

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't cry simply because I'm skinny and people call me fat to be funny. When I was a kid, I would get upset when people called me too skinny, but I grew up hearing that and got used to it.

But here's a funny story: There was this girl who used to talk about me all the time in high school and tell me I was too skinny. She eventually went on some ridiculous diet to lose weight so she could fit into some dress for a wedding. One day, she was about to eat some junk food so me and some of my friends were trying to talk her out of eating it. One thing led to another and I called her fat. Her brilliant comeback was, "Well...you're ugly!" and I responded with, "Said the fatty." She got so upset, went off by herself, and wouldn't talk to anyone. Everyone said I was mean for saying that, but I felt so happy because she always said crap to me and I never let it affect me like she let what I said affect her. And I was telling the truth...she was fat.

Apparently its okay to tease skinny people, but as soon as you say someone's fat its like a crime.

What Girls Said 9

• If someone called me fat, I think I'd probably laugh and tell them to f*ck off since I know I'm not... but later on I'd definitely replay it in my head and think about it. I'd be like hmmm, did they really think I'm fat? Why'd they say that? But I wouldn't cry about it.

• If someone seriously calls me fat, it's most likely just to get me upset, so letting it get to me would only give the person what they want. It might hurt if it comes from someone close to me, but I'm not going to assume the fetal position over it. I can be critical about my weight, but it's healthy, there's no reason to get upset over it.

• With girls, it depends on their age group and moments. They could be VERY sensitive even if they could be half a pound over what's considered the average weight. Also, younger girls have some complex about their weight too, and they COULD cry over that.

BTW, I just thought your (don't judge me) reference was funny.

Rachel

• People don't often call me fat anymore, but when they do I just reply "sure" and go on with my day. It fucks me up inside which i hate to admit, but I have struggled with an eating disorder for most of my life so I just chalk it up to that and try as hard as I can to keep it with ducking with me too much. I know I could still use to lose some weight in a few areas, but I honestly like my body now so I just try not to let myself take that sorta thing to seriously, cuz I don't want to relapse again. When I lose it I lose it really fast, so i have to use most of and sometimes all of my mental strength on a daily basis to keep myself on track. If I didn't have an ED tho I'm sure it wouldn't bother me

• I wouldn't be happy if someone called me fat but I definitely wouldn't throw a hissy fit over it

• Well women get so upset over that becuz that is the ultimate insult for women.

That being said, I wouldn't cry if someone callled me fat becuz I'm not what you would consider fat. However, I might be a little bothered by it.

• i have only been called fat by my parents and ex, I have put on weight just like any other mother would. But I'm not going to sit there and cry about it, yes it does hurt but why cry?

• dude that's just rude to call someone fat.. ecspecially wen they allready know they are.. I mean if they ask that's one thing, but if ur just statin the obvious just to be rude are funny are wutevr reason then yea that kinda sh*t hurts!

• i would be really upset. I have bad body image and used to have an eating disorder. that's one of the worst things you can say to a woman. fat in today's society implies: ugly, worthless, little value, shame...who would want to be that?

What Guys Said 0