What to do when your wife of 30 years spits in your face during a fight?

• Divorce
  • Forgive and move on

2618

Most Helpful Girl

• People Say and Do a lot of things when they are Mad or even Sad.
    If she 'Spits in your face' while you are both having a Spat, it is Better than her grabbing a Spatula and whack you where you Sat.
    You both have been as One for '30 years' and Hopefully counting. My parents have been in heated arguments for Longer than this, and let me tell you something, many times over, More Than... Spitting and more like Hitting.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for this Vote of Confidence, and hope everything is where everyone is now kissing and making up.:)) xxoo

What Girls Said 25

• send her to charm school

• Mix together milk, sardine , cake and eat it then vomit in her face

• Without knowing much about the previous 30 years, I can't say much. Have they been a tumultuous 30 years or good, on the whole?

I'm inclined not to give up on a relationship that has worked for 30 years, however, I wouldn't be able to tolerate future incidents. I feel that if you make that clear, you can forgive and move on together as a stronger couple.

• Oh hell no! Adults do not spit at their husbands.

My friends boyfriend spat in her face during an argument, two days later her little girl did it to her, I find it disgusting, utterly vile. I truly wouldn't spit on my worst enemy I find it that repulsive.

If my boyfriend spat in my face... I'd walk out. I'm not saying I'd finish with him but I would not be sleeping in the same house as him for a while. That is crossing a line in my eyes. A seriously fucking important line.

• Nasty. Think about when Rose from Titanic spat on Cal's face. When you spit on someone's face that's like telling them they're the last person on earth he/she wants to see.

Inform her clearly that you won't tolerate it again and if there is a next time, you can file charges on her or file for divorce.

• Dont autmatically think dirvorce lol I mean throwing 30 years away because of spit in the face is stupid.

Go with your gut. If your relationship is dead then yeah just divorce.

• Oh man. Well if my hypothetical husband spat in my face I would not do either of those things. Spitting is more than just an action; it is a sign of disrespect and since it does take thought and he must have thought about it, I would be very angry. It is childish and rude. If we haven't been to marriage counseling already, we're going now.

• spitting is disgusting. she lacks any respect towards you.

• i would spit back if i was you

• You spit back..

• Forgive and move on!

• I'm dying to know what that argument was about lol. Not that it excuses her spitting on you but that must have been one hell of an argument.

• Very disrespectful move on her part. That's something a 5 year old would do. If it keeps happening, you should definitely consider parting ways. No way to be in a supposedly loving relationship.

• I would be pissed! I'd probably move out for a couple of days for that. I wouldn't go so far as divorce (unless we've been arguing like that for a while), but our relationship would definitely be compromised until she apologized at least.

• Get mad, have a talk, and try to have a line of understanding between us before moving on. If that doesn't work, I'll think of divorce but may never do it.

• My mom has done that to my dad before. Not cool. But don't get a divorce, go to counseling asap. Why would you seriously waste 30 years over that?

• That is horrible, personally I wouldn't like to be spit on. I honestly wouldn't know what to do, has she ever done this before? And if she has never done this maybe the fight was a pretty heavy one. It's a lot to take in and hard to decide what to do, I personally wouldn't spit back in to her face,

• After 30 years? Forgive.

• 30 years of marriage are just too precious to throw away. Personally, I would forgive her, but don't make it too easy for her. What she did was disrespectful and disgusting and she should never do something similar to that again. Let her feel that.

• what the hell happened! spitting on somebodies face is a huge sign of disrespect.

• I wouldn't divorce her but that is super nasty. Sounds like there is a lot more to this story... she needs to grow up.

• Get over it.

• Depends how long you two started dating and what the fight was about. So I can't really go on either side.
    It's like being stabbed. How do I know your the good guy? How do I know she's not doing it in self defense?

Not saying she litterly did it in self defense. Not saying she had any right to do that. Not saying you're the bad guy

just like jealousy anger makes us do things we will soon regret.

But what do I know im only 15 lol

• That's disgusting to me, I would distance myself for a bit to blow off steam. But that doesn't sound like a reason for divorce.

• FUCK HER HARD MAKE SURE SHE DOESN'T DO IT AGAIN!

What Guys Said 18

• cum on her face while she sleeps.

• Lick it and bang her, kinky right? 😈😈

• forgive and talk it out. probably need some counseling at that point to see if our relationship is something that can work

I didn't vote because I feel like there's a lot of grey area in between divorce and forgive and move on

• You gotta send the message that she messed up to her loud and clear. But 30 years is a long time. I would love to say that I would ride out my marriage, but you've been married longer than I've been alive; so I don't have the adequate life experience for a conclusion here.

• I would mostly forgive her and move on. Granted, spitting in someone's face is wrong. But to get a divorce over something like that? If it was in the heat of the moment, then it's somewhat understandable. But if she continues to do that, especially for no reason, then I suppose you two need counseling.

• I would just forgive and forget. If she shows remorse about it there's no reason to hold it against her. People do stupid shit in the heat of the moment. :)

• Well, I don't think it's enough of a reason to divorce someone... especially if it's the first time. It's definitely a big sign of a lack of respect in your relationship.

You guys are going to have to talk it out, and eventually move past it.

• I'm sorry for this horrible situation you have got into. Spitting is probably the most degrading action you can expect in human interaction. So of course, she has not even an iota of respect for you.

What you do is your decision. A decision cannnot be taken solely on basis of one incedebt of spitting. You know so many other things that we might not know. In my opinion if you sincerely don't trust that she will ever be sincerely sorry and that she might even do something similar again, you might have to do serious thinking.

Not sure what society you are from but societies where divorce rates are hihg are those where they do not care what effect it has on kids (whether they are small or young adults).

• I actually wish my parents were divorced. I think parents just staying married for the kid's sake (in this case my young teenaged brother) and getting along as roommates but there is no real love is sucky too.

• @Vesuvius87 responsible parents will make the ultimate effort to MAKE THEIR MARRIAGE WORK for the sake of kids. They will never get into a situation where the kids feel the way you feel. You are 28. Not sure since when they went sour on each other but at 28 youbare not a young adult the way I put it.

• They went sour on each other for the longest. Their argument would always turn ugly and I had to listen to that since my childhood. For a while, I had no idea what a stable relationship was like. I definitely don't want to repeat my parents' marriage if I were getting into a relationship or even were getting married.

In the ''making a marriage work'' for the sake of the kids would that include infidelity because I have zero tolerance for cheating. That to me would be an immediate deal-breaker. I'd rather have respect for myself than tolerate bad treatment for the kid's sake.

• honestly... there isn´t a bigger sign of disrespect that a person can give to another. i don´t know what reason you gave her but that marriage could not stand in my opinion.

• id divorce her. a women should never disrespect a man.

• Headbutt.

There is no other option, have some self respect.

• Just yell out Ewwww cooties!

• 30 years is a long time my friend.

• for me talk to her..

• She is scum. Leave her

• Frankly, I don't tolerate disrespect from women, period. I'd personally divorce her.

• I'd file for a divorce. Spitting on someone is more offensive than punching someone in the face. Spitting should be classified as a form of assault. Your wife should be facing charges on top of a divorce proceeding.

• Slap he with your pimp hand.