Why are divorce rates in America and Europe so high?

In the west people just can't be together forever. Many girls I know say they dont want to be with same guy all there lives. I think it is very nice to be with same person. I dont think its a good idea to get married though because it will probably end in divorce ill loose my money family kids time for bitter regret. Im not stupid I would never get married to a western women with western values because for whatever reason marriage doesn't work now. Is it casual sex or is it money or selfishness why can people in the west stay married.

why can't people in the west stay married = revision

511

Most Helpful Girl

• People can, but society has changed incredibly in the western world over the last two hundred years. With the industrial revolution totally changing how we live as a family to the increased use of the internet and how we connect to the people around us. Values which were necessary for a stable society and home life are not what they once were and society is also sort of rebelling against older values which may have beneficial effects for society and their own mental health.

In short, society is adjusting to these drastic changes, part of this is the liberation of women. We have mainly played the subservient role for thousands of years but only really just been able to meet men on an even playing field (financially and human rights wise) in the last century or so. It's going to take time before things find a natural place, before we all figure out how to deal with these changes. I'm not surprised there are so many blurred lines and complications going right now.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think you should say all western women are not serious about marriage - and having a high divorce rate does not say they are not serious about it. If the marriage really does not work out (and it happen no less frequently in other countries, but sometimes women are not entitled to initial a divorce or the society hate divorce), getting a divorce may be better than pretending it's fine. I really don't think the reason why people in other part of the world stay married is that they are more loyal or something.
    Plus, many couples in the west are happily married for a long time. I think what you've heard is a personal preference, and the reason why people want to stay with the same people is probably not loyalty, but pressure from people like you.

• Generally, I think Americans and Europeans value individual happiness and satisfaction over collective happiness and satisfaction. The cultural and social ties aren't strong enough to effectively dissuade people from cutting and running.

• Its sad I really don't want get a divorce. I just hop that if i find a guy that I stay with him because i think he worh the effort and not settle.

• People don't like to put effort into things. The minute there's a problem they run like a bunch of chickens instead of figuring it out like adults.

I bet it if we people would actually try to put effort into their marriages there'd be less divorces.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm guessing that it's because women don't need men to survive these days. Since they can work/have their own shit, right? And when (if) they get divorced they'll get even more stuffso yeah... there's no downside to it for them. Well unless the guy goes full retard and kills them. i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• If women didn't get anything out of divorces they'd probably just separate from their spouse instead of going the legal route.

• yeah man i won't get married unless she is very very special and i know this won't happen

• It probably won't but hopefully it does... im pulling for ya ^_^

• It's not the western women. It's just the times we have now. Values aren't cherished as much as before. Also divorce isn't as frowned upon in society as it used to be. Both men and women and incapacitates of making things work when times get hard and having true love for each other fades by the day.

• Asian or muslim women don't get divorced like western women I wouldn't never sign on the dotted line to get married to a western girl unless she was really religious because it will probably end bad because it will end bad. Probably because they have fucked 20 other guys before me and know how to have sex for money

• i don't know about Asian women but muslim women can get a divorce and they split the money just like in the west i think muslim women were just raised to be better women in general thats why they make better wives i wish women were more free there but the islamic world knows how to create a good family

• Ok if that's think. I know both sides of muslim world. Just like I know western women who have left their husbands after 6 months and others that been married 50 years. Its a roll of the dice.

• I think its because we wait longer to get married and by the time we do we've already experimented with a bunch of people and since we have more comparison points and have become used to variety we are less likely to be happy with 1 person for 20+ years.

• Because we have freedom of happiness. People in those countries where divorce is low are miserable or live in an old fashioned belief system that oppresses freedom.
    Reality states that love cannot last forever and divorce is inevitable. In America and Europe we have the freedom to accept science and reality.

• so what your saying is that we are so happy and free that we get a divorce? divorces aren't really a positive thing. Why can't you love someone forever? I have loved my mom and my brothers ever since i was young and never stopped loving them. Also i think you don't know how the rest of the world is pretty much all countries have freedom except north korea besides that there's not much difference we have societal pressure just like everywhere else

• marriage is all about the kids why not just do long term relationships if its not for kids marriage was invented for child rearing and i don't trust a women that i would even think to get a prenup man society is fucked up

• Marriage was invented for child rearing? I don't know where you learned your "history" but marriage was invented as a legal contract of binding two families together. Religions dating back thousands of years all used marriage for the sole purpose of joining two families. Nothing about kids.
      Don't just make stuff up. And people get prenups because nobody can predict the future. You can't know for sure if nothing will happen to a couple for the rest of their lives.

• Two reasons in my opinion:
    1) they marry someone they fall for with the premise (often justnin their hearts) that "so what if it does not work out; we can always end it".
    2) this is not just the west. As women are getting independent and able to support themselves, they find it easier to part ways when they are not happy.

• People refuse to stay in broken and unhappy marriages and people refuse to work on their differences because that takes time and effort. Marriage is dying institution due to human stupidity and it should probably die a death.

• Because we aren't forced to stay with someone like people in some other places are. We don't get stoned to death for wanting happiness, and also women have a choice and aren't oppressed. If you catch my drift.

• Im not saying force any one to stay but divorce isn't really the positive thing your making it out to be and its really bad financially and for kids. Im asking why can't people make a long term happy marriage and why so many people get divorced?

• No I mean other countries where the divorce rate is low, it's because they're forced into arranged marriages and the women have no rights. AKA the Middle East. The divorce rate here is high because we are allowed to and won't be executed for trying to leave someone.

• I don't know but my parents have been together 23 yearsπŸ’πŸ»

• BRO. Where did you get this information from?

• 53 percent divorce rate in USA france = 60 percent, czech republic similar high rares throughout Europe you didn't know?

• It's because there's far less stigma or social pressure than it used to be. If you get divorced, it's not a scandal it once was. Also, women don't depend on their husbands financially like they used to so they don't need to stay married if marriage isn't working out. Just because there are cultures where divorce isn't common, doesn't mean that those marriages are strong, fulfilling, based on love and understanding. Many married people start to resent each other with time.

• Because free sex n hook ups, it's common