Why did he end our relationship when he says he still loves me?

I dated a guy for a year, however half of our relationship was long distance. He flew me down a couple times to visit him and constantly said how much he missed me, loved me and couldn't wait to see me over the Christmas break. He has now been home for a month and has decided to leave again and move somewhere else to pursue an athletic career. On New Years he said that we needed to break up because he was leaving again. Nevertheless, he wanted to (and usually did) see me everyday since he's been home and now wants to go for lunch tomorrow to say goodbye as its his last day. (note: I did not have sex with him since New Years). Is he being honest? Does he actually want to end our relationship because he's leaving? I'm just so confused! If a guy really loved you, wouldn't he want to make it work? Help! I feel like he's not being honest.
1
0