Should I still continue to do the no contact to win my ex boyfriend back or should I reply to his texts?

Anonymous
My ex boyfriend broke with me recently. He broke up with me recently because he says we've been fighting too much and not seeing eye to eye. He told me he didn't want to break up, but he says that maybe we should just break up for now. He says if its meant to be then we'll get back together.
He asked me if we can still be friends... I said yes at first, but I regret it. I haven't been talking to him since then. I started to do no contact rule for 30 days and focussing on myself again to be happy. In hopes of winning him back. I dont want to be friends. I'm not acting like a friend to him right now. I'm walking away in hopes of attracting him again. the problem is when he sometimes text me or leaves me messages. It gets hard not to respond to it :( He left me a voice message asking the truth from me. He says he needs to know if I ever really did like him. I pains me not to answer it. Of course, I did really like him, but I don't want to beg him to come back when that would only push him away :(

What should I do? Should I continue doing the no contact rule for 30 days? I still love him and want him, but I'm hoping this no contact rule and working on myself would help me get him back. Its only been four days of me not talking to him. P. S. He lives long distance... he used to live where I'm at now, but he left to study for his masters while I'm studying for bachelors. He left about 3 months ago. He's also really impatient when it comes to people relpying back to him. I want him back but at the same time I don't want to grovel for him. That's why I wanted to work on me again and not talk to him for 30 days. I want him to willing come back to me and not be forced to come back to me :(
2
2