What do you do to help you get over a bad break up?

When trying to get over a bad break up what would you say are the best things you can do to get over that person make the time go by or help ease the pain?

149

Most Helpful Girl

• Hang out with your best friends as much as possible, go for a road trip or to a theme park or just shopping, cinema, bowling etc, trust me its the best way to get over someone just be with your friends they'll help you forget about your ex and make you laugh :) if all fails buy some shoes, it always make me happier lol

Hope your pain heals soon :)

xoxox

What Girls Said 13

• I think the best thing to do after a bad break up is to, simply, except it for what it is. Having a laid back attitude after a bad break up seems like a pretty hard thing to do-especially if that person has hurt you-but it is possible with the right attitude. You have had some good times with your ex along with your share of bad times. Remember more of the good times, and focus less time overanalyzing the bad of the relationship. I can think back and recall some really good times I have had with exes, and things I wouldn't of gotten to experience without them. I simply smile and laugh, however, I say to myself: but..man...did they suck at being in a relationship with me. The fact that you care about this person, and probably might always care for them in a way, is perfectly normal;but, just because you have intimate feelings for someone doesn't mean it will always workout. Life is short, and there are other people out there that you will find to care about too, so spending time thinking about a lost cause is pointless. Who knows, the next person you meet might be amazing, and you run off and get married, or you might end up dealing with a little more heartache;but, this new person will bring about new experiences and memories for you. So, don't feel regret and sorrow, but, think of the things you have learned from all your experiences-good and bad. I have found, and I hope you might too :), is that taking this approach is quite helpful in dealing with breakups. Good luck!

• What ever you do, do not try moving on.

As chesyas this might sound it really helps

to write things out it will help you sort things out in your mind and you will realize you willl feel a whole leot better about things..

You should also try finding yourself something to get over it with like a new tv show or sport.

• I focus on something else whether it be school sports gettin in shape or work. Working out has really been an escape because it makes me feel strong and helps me think things through if that makes sense. I don't look for a new one right away. The feeling of freedom and the anticipation of what the future might bring encourage me to move on.

• Time really will take care of it, even if you feel devastated. I try to analyze what went wrong to help myself and grow from the experience. Do things you really enjoy or couldn't get around to when you were together. It doesn't hurt to pamper yourself, get some new clothes if you can or a new hairstyle! :)

• eat lots and lots of junk food =] teheh

do somthing that will keep ur mind busy like drawing...writing..ummm making somthing like building the scale model cars...keep ur self busy...i find that the best cure...

its hard at first but it gets easier..

hope I helps...

t.c

• stop talking about her. don't try and push yourself to forget her, stop living in the past. welcome pain, grieve if you must. you won't be sad for the rest of your life anyway. time is a healer.

• Go out and do things you love to do before you guys were together. Do all the things that girl didn't let you do. Hang out with the guys and have some damn fun.

• surround yourself with people who can make you happy... you will get through but it will take time... but keep yourself busy and surround yourself with people who make you happy.. good luck!

• yeah it might be moving too fast but if you had a bad break up and are trying to get over it, why would you let the person come back into your life like that? that's only gonna make it harder to get over it...if you're trying to get over it at all...

• hav sex with people... the best way of getting over someone awesome is by getting under someone awesome ;)

• well I think the best way to get over a break up is to find someone totally different form your ex but that still makes you laugh and I don't know if guys feel like this but someone that gives you butterflies in your stomach:D

• That is one approach I think that that is moving too fast tho because if that person happens to come back it will only create more complications for you and put stress on the relationship at hand!

• Hang out with your friends.

• My personal strategy is to get to the point of seeing the faults in my former partner. In other words, not romanticize them and think how horrible it is that we are not together and how I am losing so much. If you can see that person for their good points and bad and be realistic, well it helps me. Overall I also accept there is a reason we are not together, that I am only one of two people in a relationship and I cannot control all the outcomes and then I give myself permission to cry and otherwise feel crummy for a while and slowly things get better.

What Guys Said 9

• Well that's if you really want to forget the person and not even think of getting back with them no matter what. In that case its all about doing things that your good at, like working out, hanging around with your true friends, going out to places that you would want to go, overall keep busy with things you know your good at. Nevertheless, man it's all about time, you have to let time be your friend and in the long run use it to become a better person than you were before no matter what happened. Don't get me wrong you will still have those painful memories, but you will use them to be a better man than ever, take care there.

• go out and do things...buy some new cd's...if you're into hip-hop go purchase kid cudis album man on the moon...its helped me a lot - a quote from cudi -- "im not int eh business of selling records, I'm in the business of selling hope" he shares his expuierences and has helped me become positive about things...or buy a tv series...the wire, lost, fringe are a few I have that I love, check em out itll keep you busy and keep you looking forward to going home and wellw atching it and escaping if you will...it will keep ur mind off the break up. also go to the gym - if you don't already, I started a month ago after my break up and I've become a more relaxed and confident person because of it, I've become more tone and let all my stress out after work and stuff...i wish I did that during the relationship - could have caused less stupid arguments...good luck I feel your pain, I'm still tryin to figure out how I can get my ex back..

• Realize that time heals all wounds. Realize that God may be giving you a wake up call or be pulling y our ass out of the fire. For example: I was a very carnal (wordly christian) over 20 years ago, and I had lived with a woman off and on for 5yrs. Even though I loved very much she gave me an ultimatum marry me or else I will find someone else to do the job. I told her that was not the right way to go about getting what she wanted. Her solution was to steal another woman's husband and get him to move in with her before she even gave me a chance to move out. I checked it out and talked to his wife and they got divorced quickly. I later met a woman 20 years later in Oregon who seemd strangley like my ex- live-together girlfriend and after calling the woman she lived, I found out she had been in and out of relationships and had been married 5 times! I then realized God had saved me from a life of emense pain and suffering by getting out when he did. (A blessing in disquise). I also spent more time in study of realtionships and God's word and realized sexual sin is the most harmful because it is the only sin you commit against your own body. When you get married is when you are by God's plan supposed to have sex not outside a commited relationship. This is for both the benefit of men and women. Greg laurie describes "the two becoming one flesh" or bonding that occurs during intimate sexual relationship as the same as gluing to pieces of wood together with epoxy, you can not seperate the two without both pieces splinttering and both being harmed in the process. I did not believe God then, but now I do, and do not want to pursue sexual realtionships unless it is within a committed relationship like marriage. You live , you get hurt and then you learn. I could have saved myself a lot of grief if I had learned to do relationships the right way, by studying God's word (the bible) , and following his instructions. THe bible is : Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. -Reality Betrays Us all

• There are no secrets.

If you were in love, it will feel like someone has just torn up your heart with razors.

"Some say love, it is a razor, that leaves the soul to bleed."

To help, try to get away from your ex and cut communication. Keep busy with your friends. Try to let go and understand that you will get through the pain in time.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• Friends man and maybe some alcohol. But time is the only real cure,it just depends on what you do while letting time go by. Find something that keeps your mind occupied and keeps you from thinking about it at all. Avoid all slow/sad songs and rock out w/some hard rock,dance,meet new people and just have fun. Also avoid anything that reminds you of that person and get rid of any memories or put them away.

• Have a good time! Do all the stuff she wouldn't let you do. Really, I hated it too at first but now I am almost dreading another relationship because I have so much fun being single. Eat, drink, be merry! Get drunk, party, pal around with your buddies. Honestly man, if you can smile at least twice a day then it is pretty hard for you to say to me the sun don't shine. So grab your crotch, you feel those two round things? Those are called balls. Use em like the good lord intended!

• me I burn the thinks that my ex gave me and what ever notes or things that make me think of her. it helps me overcome myself and kinda like a reborn from the ashes kinda feel

• put myself into work... hitting the gym, making myself almost 'machine-like', not thinking about my ex, or any chicks for about a week...

• Shoot heroin. Seriously it helps a lot.