Should I text this guy after we broke it off? I can't stop thinking about him?

I met guy last year, it was long distance at first. We finally met up in September, and kissed, and we had a great connection. In the end we decided that it would never work because he goes to school 2 hours away, and he didn't want me to get hurt if it didn't work out in the end. However, I just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that it isn't over. And I really just want to text him and ask how he is, because I do miss talking to him. Id rather talk to him, even if there isn't a relationship there because we are friends. The thing is, should I? Or should I wait for him to text me? I mean we were never in a relationship, but we did stop talking completely. But since then I can't stop thinking about him, I just don't know if he's the same way.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't think you should text him and I am sure he won't text you either, why? because you both broke it off and to me he sounds like a guy who is strict with himself meaning one of those guys who won't look back once things are done. Hence it's unlikely he will text you, I said unlikely not impossible so there might be a small chance, so if at all it happens then you can decide what to do.

• Thanks for your response. There was a point (before we met up) that we both stopped talking because he broke it off with me, and were on bad terms. He was the one who initiated contact with me, apologized, and admitted he made a mistake, and after all this we met up. So does this make a difference? Or do you think the same?

• I think you should wait a little for him to contact him. Now last time you said he broke it off in June and then only contacted you in September, so are you then willing to wait again for that long, say 3 months? although it may not happen like that, just asking.

If you have that much patience then you can wait, but I think you should at least wait for say 1 month and then you can decide if you want to contact him, if you don't mind then you can go ahead and contact him after that.

• I know it's a complicated answer but I hope you understood.

Most Helpful Girl

• no don't text him you will start thinking of him again.

What Guys Said 2

• Look if you guys had any chance of a connection and are friends then you shouldn't have to worry about the who should text first bs. Just do it and if he is a decent person you two can simply enjoy being friends. Beware though you may get hurt. I wish you luck

• Ignore him since he doesn't want you to get hurt. Its probably best.

What Girls Said 2

• I think your happiness is the most important thing. If you miss him you should text him.

• Thank you. I just feel like if he doesn't feel the same way then I can move on. if he wants to be friends, then we can, or if he also feels that way, then we can figure it out.

• I say go for it. At this point you have absolutely nothing to lose. Just be honest with him. Good luck!