I'll contact you when I'll be over you.

What would you think if you wanted to keep friends with your ex but she/he tells you "I'll contact you again when I'll be over you emotionally"

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, when my boyfriend and I broke up (we're back together again, now), he told me we could still be friends, but I knew I wouldn't be able to handle it, because my feelings for him were (and still are) pretty strong. I decided to cut off all contact with him, as it hurt so much to think of being nothing but a friend to him when I wanted more than that. Not talking to him at first made my life seem a bit empty and dull, but I figured it was the best thing to do. I was so surprised and had no idea when he just randomly messaged me saying that he wished things didn't end the way they did and that he still was in love with me, and when I first read the message, I almost didn't want to reply and just the thought of him trying to talk to me again just created a whirlwind of mixed emotions inside of me, and I was so confused, and for some reason, it hurt so much and I thought that it would have been better if he just didn't try to contact me at all. I landed up talking to him the next day, though, and I guess I was lucky everything worked out in the end.

• Is that all that made you go back to him? I'm trying to win back my ex and I'm scared of what's going through her head right now and if she doesn't want me back ever again... could we maybe talk over PM please? :\

• That's very true!

• I have done the exact same thing. we split sun nite and I have removed him from fb, deleted all emails, removed his number out my phone. he said he would always be there for me but that just prolongs the agony. I have had to stop my self from emailing him especially as I implied he shouldn't but going cold turkey is the only way. grief, cry on your mates, wallow in pity (without messign up school/work), get your life back . if they contact you they do and if not you don't get called stalker!!!!

What Guys Said 1

• I'd be crushed. I was with my ex 3 years and was blindsided by a break up. We tried being friends, I couldn't do it.. but being that it's been about 6 months with no contact, I might wish her happy birthday next week via text and see what the response is. If it's positive, I feel we could be friends now, if not, I'm fine moving on.

• I can't take to be just friends either so that's why maybe a text like that would help me to move on...

• Give it a shot. But, I made a pact with myself that If I don't get a response from her, I HAVE TO move on. This is the final straw for me..

• I find it almost impossible to be friends with an EX. For me I just can't make the jump from being in a relationship with some to just being friends. It feels odd to me, like why? The only thing you do is I feel ultimately make things awkward. I say to never be friends with an EX. That of course is just my experience and opinion, I tried with 3 different girlfriends never worked out. I say move on and maybe just maybe occasionally text/call them for a minimum amount of time, so nothing spurs

What Girls Said 4

• I'd respect their decision. That's all I can do.

• i think the person is not ready to see you because it will hurt them too much. They are not over you at all

• I think he wants to move on and is really hurt. He is obviously not over you if he said that but wants to be for some reason... I felt the same way about my ex boyfriend but it hurt me too much not to talk to him so I did give in... unfortunately if you're not over the person and the person is 'moving on without you', yes, you will be hurt and the person does not want to be hurt.

And I did get burned when I found out he was back to flirting with other chicks while we were friends. It probably would have been better off if I continued not contacting him and getting him out of my life until I met someone new that I could really love the same way I did for my ex.

• He's trying to move on, and he knows that if you guys continue to be friends, he won't be able to get past it. So he wants to go a while with no contact until he has learned to move on, and then he'll be able to be friends and be in contact again.