Is our work schedule ending our relationship?

Trying to make a long story short, we basically get Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and either a Saturday or Sunday night for a couple hours alone to ourselves. Now she got her work schedule changed and Thursdays are now out. So it's just Tuesdays and either Saturday or Sunday night. I am really upset about this and I don't know what to do. Is this the beginning of the end ? I hate to say it but I think it is. How do you have a relationship based on 6-8 hours a week? Any advice here would be great. Thank You a lot everybody !

20

What Girls Said 2

• I would like to say first by praising your hard working lives! Looks like you both are hard workers who are striving to keep this relationship going. It is very good that you have your "couple time" set aside. I have never had that luxury in any of my relationships, unfortunately.

In any event, I am not sure how long you have been together, but if this seems like the most challenging issue that you have faced in this relationship, and you should be relieved that this is not the end at all. :)

6-8 hours of actual time together in person a week is treasureble. If at all possible, you can try to meet up for breakfast or lunch together in between. Send each other sweet voice messages or text messages (with picture is even better!) throughout the day when you are not able to see each other. Just remind each other how much you care. No schedule is permanent. Try to work with your employers to see if you can be considered when a schedule that works better for you two becomes available. Patience pays off.

Try those things and let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Rachel

• I agree with Rachel SK - do not find this to be the beginning of the end. If this is a relationship you really want to keep you need to discuss it with her and make little things count the most. You would be amazed at how just a phone call saying sweet things to her will mean the most. A text message just saying I am thinking of you and miss you.

And when you finally do have the time face to face make the most of it by being together and hearing each other and touching each other as much as possible. Holding hands, hugging, and kissing can be incredible and last for a long time as long as you make the most of it.

What Guys Said 0