My boyfriend is 16 years older than me. Is this too big an age gap to make a relationship work?

My mum and sister hate him. My mum thinks he is after my house and my sister says he makes me look stupid and desperate.
I like him though. Is the age difference too much of a thing to overcome?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Mathematically and in nature he could be your dad.

Most Helpful Girl

• Age is tricky thing, its mainly about he acts and if he treats your well. You're an adult you can make any decisions you want for yourself. Do what makes you happy.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it depends on where both of you are in life than age.

• you're already on the older side as a woman in the dating scene. i think women after 30 can be with much older men.

but i have to ask you, why such an older man? is he rich? dont be offended, its been established long ago a mans resrouces are a deciding factor for older women past 25

• No, it's not. Are you able to meet each other's needs? Like, does he want children, can you provide them? Do you want children? Can he provide for them, for another 18 years?

Is 15 years of dick enough? That might be about how much he has left.

• Not at your age. The age difference is fine.

What Girls Said 1

• For the first few years it's not. But as the 2 of you get older it's gonna be a problem. You ask in what way –EVERYWAY – from fucking to going to the movies, to staying at home watching the TV. To doing the laundry every way