Are you afraid of divorce?

One of my fears is getting divorced. Do you think marriage means staying married until death no matter what?

816

Most Helpful Guy

• Extremely mortified of it... I believe that marriage is forever, and no body should get married unless they want to go till the end.

Most Helpful Girl

• Gosh, yes.
    I don't wanna get married more than once.
    Divorce is a horrid thing

What Guys Said 15

• no I'm not afraid of divorce. I feel like I can't live worrying about it

I think that is the commitment you make. but circumstances can arise where a divorce is actually better for both people

• Yes, I am very much afraid of it. I admit that!!. This is one of the reasons I never wish to get married!!.

Yes, I agree with the second part of your sentence, I do believe that love and marriage means staying with that one person until death.

• Marriage is only a personal commitment to a person that you love, if you no longer love the person, you should get a divorce.

A good relationship, is based off a fundamental framework of shared belief's, the greater your beliefs, the better the relationship.

continue an effort into finding people who share the way you see the world, and who would want to share the world with you for you.

Anything else is futile waste of effort, in the context of general relationship's, especially romantic one's.

• There has been no idea of divorce here since we married. My sons divorce went without struggle (both were 100% correct) but he wasn't happy about it.
    Happily there weren't any children yet. (But I think it wouldn't have happened if there had been a kid)

• If a divorce is acrimonious, it's ruinous to families, and the children suffer the most. I won't get married because of it. I'm also not about to be someone else's slave, so fuck that shit.

I think marriage means getting divorced six years later and having your life upended and becoming a state slave for your ex-wife.

• I'm not afraid of it. When it comes to shit being thrown my way I've learned to take it as it comes. No sense in worrying about things that aren't completely under our control.

• I don't really fear divorce - and never really have. It's rough thinking about how it would change my relationship with the daughter I still have in the house - but life is full of challenges... so you just deal with them.

Most people won't stay married forever. I have been married for 30 years now and I really can't conceive in my mind a divorce at this point - we just know each other too well.

• Sometimes it just has to happen. Marriage is never a guarantee that you'll stay together forever r. It's stronger than relationship though.

• I don't believe marriage serves a purpose in a modern society.

• I don't want to marry if there is any chance of later divorce. Especially since when I say forever, I don't mean until death, I /mean/ forever.

• Nononononono, marriage is not until death. Listen to the album "Tallahassee" by The Mountain Goats, and you will understand why.

• I don't know I'm not even married yet. One step at a time young padawan.

• I was married for 22 years till we split. we both never asked for a divorce

• No, if you're unhappy pull the plug. Life is too short to be unhappy.

• Fewer people are getting married, and divorce rates are still catastrophic. But at least you're a woman and won't likely get the worst of it.

If you were a guy, I'd understand your fear, but as a girl, it's kind of silly...

What Girls Said 7

• No. If I was worried about divorce in the future, that would mean I'm not ready to get married or not with the right person.

I do believe that marriage should be a long-term sort of thing. Till death, or something extreme like say... if one of you gets cheated on, becomes abusive either physically/mentally, etc..

• im not afraid of getting divorced, but it is one of thoes things i try not to really think about and i dont see if happening.

• no until so one stop trying and just no longe want to try it!

• Why would I have a fear of divorce, if I have never been married?

• Yes. More and more couples get divorced now days and you never know if you will be like one of them. So no thanks.
    Either friendship or bf-gf relationship. At least that kinda works.

• I used to be, not as much now.

• I would like to not see divorce as an option. (unless the guy turned dangerous or cheated on me.) I think it's for life. I would try as hard as possible to keep our relationship strong. Even if we fight I'd like to see every day as a new day, forgive, and start over. At least that is how I envision it.