If you came from a broken home, what is something you wished your parents would have done differently?

What is something you wish your parents would have done differently or something you wish they would have understood when it came to you?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• really love and respect each other instead of kissing asses and throwing so much hostility my way; such as always putting me between The Rock and The Hard Place

Most Helpful Girl

• That's almost impossible for me to answer... Hmm...
    I think if I had to pick one thing... I wish they would have separated sooner so we didn't have to see everything that we did..

What Guys Said 1

• That we kids didn't need therapy. We knew it was coming before they did and were relieved when it was over.

What Girls Said 4

• Kept me out of their personal issues with one another. Each of them were awful for bashing the other and sharing intimate information about their relationship, which negatively affected me as an adult when trying to enter relationships myself.

• stopped at one kid? haha kidding... I think I just wish that they'd found more constructive ways to deal with their anger. kids should never get stuck in the middle.

https://cleverlemon.me/

• stop fighting every day and blaming me and my brother on everything

• Gotten divorced way sooner. My dad treated my mom like complete shit. And was abusive to me too. She stayed with him because she didn't want me to ever have to be alone with him for fear of him killing me. I can understand that but I'm shocked he didn't murder either of us because he has serious rage problems and a personality disorder. i begged to be put up for adoption because it sucks being terrified of your own home.