Should I send him a message or not?

We broke up a week ago because he said he didn't see any future for us and he saw that I was getting attached and he didn't want to hurt me anymore. Now I'm thinking of sending something to ask him if things didn't go too fast (he wanted to think about it a little bit more first and I forced him to kind of see me and dump me because I felt something was wrong and I didn't want it to last too long to get completely hurt). Bad or good idea? I'm just scared he might think I'm the need girl that doesn't want to let go of things.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't. I think you must let go a bit, you broke up and you're wondering if you did move things too quickly, it's too early to send him a message. I was in a somewhat similar situation with my ex, but I wasn't about to give in, and go back to him. If he wanted things to be different between us, he would talk to me. I didn't say anything to him for about 2 months before I asked him a simple question. With the way things are now, maybe just give yourself some space as well, do fun things and don't worry about what happened. If you don't feel like it's a good idea, then don't message him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, no. There's nothing to be gained by keeping up contact with an ex, especially when he doesn't see a future with you. You're only going to keep hurting yourself.

• do not message him at all... just do the... no speak rule, and do not message him