How to prevent parent seperation?

I still live with my parents and last night while I was at my friends house they had a big fight, but this had been happening for a while now and has happened in the past. My dad just told my mom he wants to move out and my mom keeps begging him not to, I don't know what to do or how to help but all I know is that I want my dad to stay more than anything!

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell them that divorce is a lot more expensive than it would be if they just figure out what's wrong and fix it. They loved each other enough to get married to begin with, they just need to find those reasons again and from there, find the energy to get over what is causing their problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't make them stay together, staying together while they're miserable and always fighting isn't good for your family, it'll just create more tension and stress. Now if you wanted to suggest marriage counseling to your mom that could be an option but otherwise there isn't something you can really do.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• you can't make your parents stay together. no matter what you do.
    its not fair to them to keep them together if they dont want to be together. that will hurt them and everybody around them.

• I totally understand what you are going through. I would tell him how you feel and he should listen to you.

good luck xxx

• Some people just aren't happy together. It's probably time they separate.