How to get over an ex boyfriend you basically grew up with?

My boyfriend of 5 years who I was dating since I was 15 just broke up with me. It was basically mutual, it just wasn't working out anymore. We've broke up before but he usually texts me within a day or two and regrets it, but this time there has been nothing. We basically grew up together and all my memories are with him, even family vacations. I just can't escape it because he's in all my pictures, like vacations and high school graduation. My room is filled with gifts from him and all my jewelry were gifts from him. I'm really starting to miss him because I was just so used to having him around. I don't know what to do I miss him so much

54

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Try filling your life with new memories. I kinda feel you, for me he started moving on and he ended things after. So I am left behind.

Now I chose to go out with my best friend and it made wonders on me, I'd suggest that you do the same. Go call some friends out there and have fun with them because they are the ones who actually care.

I know it's hard because he did care about you once, but he chose to not be part of your life anymore and you have to accept that.

Good luck hon, if you want someone to talk to, shoot me a message :)

What Guys Said 3

• You now need a guy who is not your ex, problem solved, x

• First of all what says you can't be friends? You guys know each other talk about it, not making up but just where to go from here. I'm here if you want a sympathetic ear or if you just want to distract yourself and talk about random stuff. Message me

• Take it one day at a time. It gets easier. If you did not see yourself marrying him, or you want to party it up before you do so, you should be mature and let him go mentally and physically.

What Girls Said 4

• the reality of any kind of emotional recovery is that the main thing is time, but the other thing is being able to accept your situation completely, to be able to go with it without too much anxiety or distress, and be gentle with yourself, allowing of yourself to feel however and go on whatever ups and downs along the way, etc. and another important thing is to be able to get into other things and find other ways to just kind of take your mind off it.

• You stop talking about him and too him. And put away all the thing that are remind you of him away and put your own stuff! Until you get over don't look at your picture.

• I went through a bad break up with my best friend 3 years ago, I still miss him. It's okay to grieve and to miss him, don't let anyone put a time limit on it. The only one that should be able to do that is you. Give yourself time to grieve and process but don't hold on too tightly. He's everywhere, as if you can't get away from him or it all, and it feels like an intrinsic part of you is missing. It's normal and it takes time. Don't avoid the feelings. But after a certain point and time you should decide to put in efforts to feel better. Do things for yourself and go out with some friends. You lost some of your friends as he was your best friend - if that's the case... Hobbies. Or animals. I wish I could do more and help. I guess everything I'm saying you probably already know. The best of luck Xx

• Awww I am sorry sweetheart:'( what happened:'(