In your experience, how true is this picture?

Ok reading in to this picture... Do you think men put off the pain of a break up until later, while women feel it soon after the relationship ends?

1024

Most Helpful Guy

• proven to be scientifically true.

Women have a stronger initial reaction than men, whereas for men the long therm reaction is rougher (the main culpit being the fact they just shut up, suck it up, and refuse to talk about what's troubling them).

Most Helpful Girl

• My first boyfriend was online and I broke up with him after a week. He freaked out, called me like 7 times in a row. Then said things like good, you were ugly, I didn't want you anyway. I cried. But then, a month later, he texted me saying he was still "insanely in love with me and can't get over me" after I had already moved on.

My second boyfriend, also online, told me that no matter if we did break up, he would still love me. He said he really felt something about me like with no one else. We were together for 4 months when he said he needed to take a break to focus on school, meaning I wouldn't hear from him for months.. I felt like he could at least text me once, you know? So I ended up moving on and I found my next boyfriend, in real life, who I am still with today. I know if we broke up he would be heartbroken would want to die.

So I think that picture applies to some immature guys and most girls. (The mature guys will go through the same pattern as the girls.)

What Guys Said 23

• I've never been in a relationship so I wouldn't know.
    But I like this version better:
    24.media.tumblr.com/...m4gvr7hY9r1r1bcmto1_500.jpg
    It's all just jokes. lol

• I can only speak for the guy side, the last two pictures and right, but the first one is dead wrong, after the first day is super depressing as well.

• This is kinda true actually... I dumped my ex girlfriend and then about 5 months later I was like "meh probably shouldn't had done that" oh well... plenty more... pussayy in the sea...(sorry for being "offensive") I know gag likes to take down any comment that is fun and blame it on being offensive...

• Depends on how strong the person is. If you are a strong, independent person, then you don't NEED anybody. You WANT to be with someone... but if they are not the right person, you have no problem being successful on your own until the right one shows up. Being in "no relationship" is better than being in a "bad one", for it will only drag you down from your success.

• In my case, it was reversed. At least from my side 100%, from her side I can only guess. She was the one who left.

• Haha could be very true, but ofcourse depends on how the relationship actually was and also on the guy

• The Bullshit-Meter broke. Great. Now I have to buy another one.

• So you don't think guys feel the pain of a break up at all? Or just that you don't think it's delayed as the picture suggests? :)

• I thought it was a place where more experienced people could help other people on some situations they struggle to face.

• And also that, and a few other things too. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a recent break up has prompted this question, but even so, I enjoy the little social experiment-y type questions on GaG too. :)

• Depends on who broke up with who

• It would depend on the situation, really...

• On this website I've seen a lot of questions about "why do guys take so long to get over a breakup"

• Too true esp. The first one cuz were too motivated to go claim our next trophy instead of worrying about u cuz we got nothin' to again from u since we alrdy got a taste of dat Pā‚¬$$Ā„. Now onto the next bish šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹šŸ˜‹

• It's an absolute bullshit myth.

• I don't know sometimes its the guy who cries within a day

• Very true, you have no idea

• no not at all.

• depends on who is breaking up with who.

• Yes it is true.

• I'd say for me its all the first picture guy wise

• I felt pretty good after my last break up. It depends on the girl.

• Some feminazi twit made this.

Just one more reason they can all go to hell

• Very true indeed

• Guys are also sensative

• Haha lol. Its funny but it is far from the truth.

What Girls Said 9

• Not true at all for me. Even after months I am still broken inside. I think it depends on the person.

• Guys tend to say "fuck yeah now I'm free" after a breakup and then I think they realize eventually that that "freedom" isn't nearly as great as a loving SO.

• I think it's accurate.
    Men are expected to be tough in this society and not show much pain while women are encouraged to let it out.
    Sooner or later the man's feelings catches up with him no matter how hard he tries to ignore it.

• Not exactly true lol

for either of the genders with my experience

• Hmm... I am not sure what a guys go through but I still felt sad and was crying for months eventhough I never went out with that one person. I guess it hurts more not getting the chance.

• depends on the situation.

• honestly, completely wrong. there's just like, no real big difference one way or the other between the way men and women deal with breakups that would lead to this. both men and women can be in either row, it's just, there's nothing true about this.

• No, no and no.

• youve never aactually had a relatioship right? it ain't all candy floss and rub downs

• I have.. Although I'm afraid I don't see what a break up has to do with candy floss and rub Downs?