Did he really break up with me? Actions show otherwise?

So my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 4 months and have had some rough spots, but we have always managed to communicate and work through them. We also live in different cities, about 40 min apart. I would stay with him one night a week, sometimes two, and we would alternate weekends. Well, last week he told me he was tired of fighting all the time and decided he wanted to try and be friends first and see where it goes (things moved pretty fast for us). I'm not ready to let him go, and I know he isn't either. We ended up spending the weekend together and had a really nice time, no drama, even made breakfast for him.
Yesterday we were watching football when I received a text from a guy friend who is going through the same thing as me, and he saw who I was texting and got really jealous. He said, "Oh is that your new boyfriend"? I told him he shouldn't worry about who I'm talking to, because he made the decision to break it off with me. He's sending me mixed messages now, acting like a boyfriend who doesn't want to break up. Why would he be acting like that if he doesn't want to commit?
I'm not sure what to think of all of this. I don't want to ask him about it because I don't want him to feel pressured. A big part of me wants to just play it out and with no expectations, because deep down I do feel like we're supposed to be together, we just need to slow down and get to know each other as friends first... even though I feel we're beyond that Any ideas what he could be feeling or thinking?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah you're broken up.