Why would he want me back in his life just to ignore me?

I don't understand, why would your ex want yo back in their life just to ignore you? My ex came back 5 months ago talking about how he wanted to take things slow and us eventually being together. He gets a job and things start to change I felt like I was losing him, he would seem so distant. He would reply to my text here and there and ignore some. I am guilty of smothering him trying to get him to tell me how he felt about me, trying to get reassurance that he still wants me and only me, but he wouldn't say anything. I use to give him photos because he said that he enjoyed seeing me now he stopped asking for them. I felt like I lost his interest. He stopped saying that he loved me and misses me I get nothing. I haven't contacted him I almost 2 weeks. I'm not sure if he misses me or not I think that he's probably happy that he hasn't heard from me since we got into an argument 2 weeks ago. I do miss him, I check his Facebook often. I know when he's talking to me he'll post a lot when he's not he's hardly on there. I love him so much and I wanted things to work out, but with the way he's been acting I feel like giving up. Why come back if you're going to ignore me? I know our relationship was long distance, but still. I feel like he doesn't care about me anymore, even when he told me a few months back that he cared about me a lot. Well, if that's the case you would check up on me not ignore me when I'm trying to talk to you. He doesn't ignore me all the time, he responds here and there, he only ignores me when I ask questions regarding how he feels or this relationship. I've always been the one to initiate contact ever since he came back. I feel better that I haven't contacted him in almost 2 weeks, but I do miss him. I do want to cave in and talk to him, but I fear that he will ignore me. Maybe if I give it a few more weeks he might reach out. This is the longest I've gone without contacting him.

11

What Guys Said 1

• The short reason is ego, the long reason is more complex, but you won't understand until you realize that you do not love him.

What Girls Said 1

• He's playing games.