Girlfriend said "we should be friends" after heat of an argument. Now tries to talk to me?

My girlfriend and I got into a fight, she thinks what we want in life is too different, and that is what she bring up whenever we argue. I mean, don't we all? Otherwise, there wouldn't be a single arguing couple exist. However, this is the first time she said we should be friends, hinting a break up. I was so upset, then two days later, she tries to talk to me and said she misses me. I said I needed time alone and she confirms me am I really breaking up with her, I told her I just need some space.

The question is, is it normal for girls to hint a break-up when she is mad? I ignore her for few days and I miss her and feel bad that some of the things we argue stems from her family tradition and she is in between her father and me. At the same time, I feel so hurt since she is my first, and frustrated at the same time since I am always there for her. Should I forgive her?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as 'Her family tradition and she is in between her father and me,' there is always going to be Friction between the both of you.
    She may be getting tired of the redrick in this relationship and may have said This because she feels that sometimes being "Friends" is the Best from the rest way to go.
    Let things calm down and both of you take some space for a few days. When it feels right to talk again, sit down with her and both of you get on this same page, compromise and find out if Being in this relationship is something she really wants or to be Just.. friends now.
    This relationship is Not healthy if there is problems such as this one. And think what would happen, should you both tie the knot and this became a real Family affair.
    I think there is More here, dear, than just to 'Forgive her,' you need No hymning nor hawing but totally honesty from her as to where you both stand.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• Heat of the moment. Don't look into it too deeply and cool you head, women almost always threaten with break up whenever they're mad. I had a girlfriend who did not just threatened me but actually dumped me several times yet she always came back soon after. As a matter of fact this was quite a common theme with other girls I dated too, though maybe the severity was different (sometimes it was actually just a threat or something they accidentally blurted out like your girlfriend did).

What Girls Said 1

• NO it's not, the mature thing to do would be to have a breather and recollect your thoughts even if it means a couple days. You don't just break up out of the heat of an argument, that's silly and could potentially ruin something forever. No one wants to date someone where overtime every argument results in a break up then get back together. Just because she comes running back doesn't mean you should dismiss what she did.

What Guys Said 3

• Yep, heat of the moment. It happens. No perfect couple out there. Take some time to cool down, and then enjoy the make-up sex!

• Arguments are healthy in a relationship. What is not healthy is breaking up or threatening to break up when an argument is going on.

• What I've noticed is people who threaten to break up are the worst. It's like a parent saying to there child 'if you don't behave yourself I'm kicking you out' some threatd shouldn't be made. For me that's disrespectful to you and you should be wary of her because what happens when you lot have kids one day and she says we should break up after a normal fight. she's emotionally immature.