How to end this friendship?

A little over a year ago I started talking to this girl I really liked. Long story short, I didn’t make a move and ended up getting friendzoned when she got a boyfriend. I confessed my feelings for her, she said she USED to like me and she thought we were friends. I was so attached to her that I agreed to stay in her life as just a friend, and now I’m regretting that decision. We got into an argument last night and I ended up telling her I’ve been reconsidering our friendship. She said she would hate to lose me but she’s not gonna force someone to be her friend if they don’t want to, so for me to let her know my decision.

I’m still not over this girl (even though we never actually dated) and I can’t stop regretting not making a move a year ago. I feel like the best thing for me to do to move on with my life is to cut her out completely, despite still being attached to her and enjoying talking to her so much.

I’m going to give her closure to explain my reasoning, so what’s the best way to do that? We aren’t super close anymore, like we haven’t hung out in months and we never talk on the phone. Our friendship solely consists of texting. I was going to just text her my decision, but I started writing and it’s pretty long, so I’m thinking maybe a hand-written letter would be better? She lives a few blocks away so I could just drop it in her mailbox. Only thing is that I want her to be able to tell me anything she wants to get off her chest before we exit each other’s lives, and it’s a lot easier to respond to a text than a letter. Let me know what you think I should do.

• Text
  • Letter
  • Other (Please Comment)
    Vote C

01

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Send her a text that says, "I have decided that we should part ways. I would like to explain this to you. Would you like to get together to talk or would you prefer to talk on the phone?"

She may not respond at all, meaning she doesn't want to deal with the drama that she anticipates. Of course, you can't force her to talk or listen, so you may not get the closure that you seek.

Good luck. Next time. . . make the move or move on; hanging around in the friend zone blows dead bears!

• I can do talking on the phone, but is it that big of a deal to talk in person? We aren't that close anymore. I haven't seen her in person since July, and before that I hadn't seen her since January. Plus seeing her in person would just depress and distract me and I wouldn't say everything I want to