Remarriage: How did you tell your kids mom, you were getting remarried?

How did you tell your ex you were getting married? ... presuming the only reason this matters is because you have joint custody of the kids.

54

Most Helpful Girl

• You just come out and tell them. You have no explain to do. She my new wife and that that. Talk with your lawyer and that it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess I did not make a big deal of telling my son that I was getting remarried. By the time we actually had a wedding, my son knew his step-mother-to-be for a quarter of his life. (He was still 4 when he met her for the first time and almost 6 by the time we married.)

I should say that I have custody of my son, my ex had weekend visits. I met my new wife on eHarmony. The fact that I was dating at all was a closely held secret. She and I were together for about 6 months before we started involving any family. At the 8 month point, my son and I moved in to her house. That made for five of us, the two of us, my son and her two daughters.

By that time everyone was certain we were going to be together for life. Everyone that laid eyes on us knew that was true. Given this reality, I thought it prudent that my son be able to start 1st grade in the new district at the start of the school year.

With all that had happened by that point, telling my son when the wedding was to be, was almost just a formality.

p. s. @GraySailorsBride and I have been married for more than 9 years.

• It sounds so romantic! Awwweee!

• Hahaha true and ok - yeah I was just floored by that idea. Thank God he now had a home where everyone seems happy, based on what you've said on here.

• @lanternhill

She's always been a bit of an oversharer.

What Girls Said 4

• I personally don't want to know... I would want to hear as little as possible about my ex's new life.

• You're gonna have a new daddy

• Just say it as a statement. The her I'm getting married to blahh on blahh.

Don't explain yourself.

• It doesn not matter.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't tell her shit. Its none of her business and I'm free to do what I want. That has nothing to do with custody

• Well, I first need to marry before I can remarry. However, I would never remarry if I did get divorced. That's just the way I am.

• To me, even if I divorce my future wife, I feel like I'd be cheating on her by remarrying someone else.

• You just come out and tell them. It's none of their business begin with.
    Furthermore, you don't need their permission. If they don't like it, fuck
    them ! Also, make damn sure thee x keeps their distance.