How do you let go when you can't let go?

When you think you're somehow more in love with your ex boyfriend now than when you were actually dating.

When you absolutely can't stop thinking about him.

When you don't have any sort of closure because there was no explanation, no reason... nothing. Just more and more distance until you ended up breaking up with him because you thought that's what he wanted.

How do you let go of someone who you just cannot let go of?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• by doing your hobbies, being busy with friends and meeting new people

Most Helpful Girl

• Letting go about someone you cared about, who didn't care about you is extremely hard. I am 2 months post break-up and I truly loved my ex. The last couple months I felt something off, he became pretty distant and I no longer felt like he cared about me that much, I tried my hardest to deny how I felt, but I couldn't bury my head in the sand. I even tried to get reassurance from him and all I got was that I was over-analyzing the situation, I was too sensitive, that he did truly care about me etc. Every day is sort of a struggle, it absolutely breaks my heart knowing he has prob slept w/another woman, but I know I would always be miserable in life if I did end up staying. I have been working more, working out and making social connections. I am not ready for a relationship, but I have gone out to try to meet other guys (it feels very foreign right now). Remind yourself every time you miss him how miserable you would be if you stayed, think of all the flaws that made your blood boil.

What Guys Said 2

• Your course comes from yourself. You don't need others. Just accept all was done and it can't work out.

You move on becsuse you love yourself.

• Maybe he didn't wanna break up with u

What Girls Said 2

• Honey, if he didn't want you to break up, he would fight for you. It doesn't seem like he is sorry, so move on because you breaking up with him was EXACTLY what he wanted. :/ Be proud of yourself because you are strong and you respect yourself enough to end it with someone who doesn't see how amazing you are. You did the right thing. Few years from now you're gonna realize that it was the best thing you've done. :) Not many of us have courage to end it, I know I couldn't. :/

• Time will help and so will getting out of the house. A little advice for the next relationship, don't ever assume you know what the other wants without asking first. If you can't get him to express why you two are together then that just might be his personality ( as in cannot express his feelings very well ) or his lack of interested in helping you understand, in which case he is and was not as invested in the relationship as you were.

I agree with @Yanoa_Yanza