Can I get my ex back even after he said this?

My ex said that we are never going to be together, he is with the rebound that he left me for. He doesn't want to get with her but he is seeing her. Is there any way I can get him back with him saying this? I haven't texted him after he told me not to text him again. We were suppose to work things out so we could be together, but I feel like I pushed him away and he gave up on us and brought her back. What should I do?

Don't tell me to move on, they aren't getting back together so there is still hope.

62

Most Helpful Guy

• He's your EX boyfriend, remember? How do you expect to find the right person for you if you refuse to let go of the wrong one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my dear how I feel your Pain. It isn't really fair, is it? I have some awesome news for you though. Getting back together with someone depends 100% on you. Here's the thing, you have to work on yourself and not for the sake of him, or anyone else for that matter but for YOU. First, let yourself mourn. This pain takes time to heal and you have every right to cry because you were hurt and it's valid. Next, you are going to want some massive support from your friends, plan some girl activities with your friends with things you're good at and enjoy. Then. once you feel like you're in a happier place look inward. What are some ways you've been neglecting yourself? what is something you've always wanted to try? did you want to lose 5lbs? Hit the gym! but make sure it's what YOU want! did you always want to learn to speak French and never had the time? Now that he's not in the picture, you have a LOT more free time I bet... The point is IMPROVEMENT and Self connection. Dollars to Doughnuts though hun, I bet once you've done all this you realize you don't even want him anymore, but if you still do and it's been AT LEAST a month with the happy new you send him a message that has nothing to do with the relationship, make it happy "Hey! I went to see a movie with friends and the main character is so much like you! how have you been?" DO NOT ask if he's seeing anyone or make ANY relationship sounding gestures. Be his friend. Be positive and show him the brilliant, happy and healthy new you. Chances are, he'll regret the break-up and this is where something healthy can begin :) Best of luck to you, and I'm so sorry you're hurting!

• but one thing I'm bothered by that I can't let go of, you say that this is a cycle for him right? that he bounce back and forth between the two of you. Don't you deserve more? I don't know you personally but I know your situation so well. If you were my daughter I would tell you that you are worth so much more than this kid is selling you for, you are PRICELESS and should value yourself so much more. I know that love let's people get away with doing such crazy things to you more, but honestly sweetheart it's time for you to love yourself more than you love him. I'm not saying this to hurt your feelings or tell you what to do because in the end you're the only one who can decide but the day that you love yourself unconditionally is the day you decide what kind of love you receive :) Best of luck to you again friend and sincerely hope this helps

• My pleasure and if you ever feel down or need more help, feel free to message me any time :)

• Thanks! 😊

What Guys Said 1

• You didn't push him away he wanted out. Its over permanently. Move on

What Girls Said 5

• That is a heartbreaking way to end a relationship by saying 'we'll never be together'. I'm sorry you're going through this... that hurts a lot but I wouldn't lose all hope because people do change - they do need time though and if you give him some space before approaching him again, I would say nothing is impossible.

• 1. There are a lot of guys to be with.. This will not be your last boyfriend. It hurts like hell. Believe me, I know. :( But maybe a few months later, there will be someone 10xx better that comes around! Don't waste time on someone who is doing stuff with someone else. If he really wanted to be with you, he wouldn't be doing that.
    2. Message him, or better yet, talk to him face to face. Try to work things out and if he really doesn't want to, go back to #1 ^^^
    Don't make the mistake of wasting time on him and be careful not to push him.

• Leave him b. Let him move on and b happy. And u do the same...

• He isn't happy with her he doesn't even want to be with her.

• Then just wait for him to b ready to get back with u. Maybe he just needs some time..

• Just give up on him! You can't be drag him to you.

• Not to be that person but... Move on, he may not get with her but he obviously doesn't want you either if he's telling you that and wanting you to stop contacting him.

• He'll be back he always comes back

• He keeps go back and forth between me and her. He said many times that he isn't getting back with her. He doesn't want to change for her, but yet he supposedly loves her. He got bored with me and got with her.

• He's not worth it if he can't make up his mind. Obviously he doesn't completely love you if he can just leave continuously. Move on and find someone who will stick with you instead of breaking up every little bit for the same chick.