Anyone get back together after a breakup? Why?

Was love stronger? What helped you?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• One week after I broke up with my lover, she called and begged to see me. She got me to give it another try. We tried to make it work for a few more months, but I could tell she wasn't really into me, so I broke up with her again, for good. We're still friends, tho, and sometimes go out to our old favorite bar to hear our old favorite music group.

Most Helpful Girl

• Loads of times, with two of my boyfriends. More than once too, with my last boyfriend we broke up and got back together four times.
    I guess the reason was that for me, at least, it's hard to swallow the fact that you've put time and effort into something that just broke, and to start all over again with someone else. Also because it's kind of an ego-boost. And, of course, in the first period of the break up you still kind of miss them.
    But I would say this: it was not worth it. It was loads of drama and I felt like I was living a nightmare. Unless you have a really really good reason, don't get back together. You broke up for a reason. Trust me, 90% of the times it crashes and burns...:P

• What would be a good reason?

• If the break up didn't happen because of something someone did. Like etc. if he cheated or you cheated, it would be a bad idea to go back because that would linger in the relationship, making one of you always suspicious or hurt.
      But if you parted because for some reason you couldn't be together, or because of distance or if you have had a long good thinking about it and matured from the mistakes, then there might be a chance. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I have but broke up again. The breakups will keep occurring faster and faster each time you go back. A breakup is permanent.

• It happened once. Nah the love wasn't stronger. In fact I don't think it ever really recovered from that. Sometimes I wonder if it should've been over there. People who break up should stay broken up.

• By recover what do you mean? How long after getting back together did you last?

• You think so? I hear you never forget that love

• Yes I've forgotten my first relationship. It all fades away eventually

• You know its like, will a dad divorced a mom everytime they fought? and then remarry again? (works the other way too)

What Girls Said 4

• Yep, after 6 months separation. Everything was amazing for a few months but the relationship fell back in to old patterns of behaviour that had led to the initial break up and the fact we had broken up, seen other people during that time, was always brought up in every argument. Eventually we broke up, for good.

• I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out

• Thank you. I'm just sorry I wasted years trying to make it work when, in hindsight, it so obviously was never going to.

• I broke up with sleep once but thankfully sleep took me back.

• I have. Because I still loved him and wanted to be with him. For a couple weeks it was stronger and it went back to normal.

• How long after that did you guys remain together?

• Was there a reason to your break up?

• Our first break up was because I was the new girl and he was the guy every girl wanted, so I broke up with him because I was getting a really bad reputation. Other reasons were him saying hurtful things, his parents putting him under to much stress and him giving up, family disagreements little petty fights

• Only happend once and the reason was because we wanted to try it again.