How do you males deal with breakups? Especially when it is with a girl you still love?

Does it hurt? Do you men cry? Hookup with other women etc? What do you think? Do you regret and want to get back together?

Especially if both of you are still in love? When she has met your family and were together for 9 months or more.

214

Most Helpful Guy

• Men go through the same emotions as women after a breakup.

• Cry and what not. Do they ever try to get back together with the girl if they love her deeply?

• This guy knows!!! I couldn't have put it any better.

• Best answer

What Guys Said 13

• Same as women, but also depends entirly on situation and the relationship. Like my first relationship I found to be relative easy, but yes did cry still. But she just did a lot of sketchy things and kinda messed up things, she cried more it seems when broke up even though didn't care enough while had me to treat me right. I tried really hard to be friends with her afterwards, didn't go all that well since she kinda abused the friendship and tried to manipulate me really in a lot of ways. So gradually had breaks, like no contact I mean whatsoever really. Tried againf or periods of time where yeah kinda ran into same problem couple of times, but after a year or 2. Able to become good friends, have a healthy good friendship now.

My next relationship was pretty devastating for me really. Short said felt like I been utterly used, both physical and mental really. Got just thrown away too like I had no single value whatsoever. Made it clear anyway that wanted no contact with me, so haven't tried to make ammends there, but man I cried a lot from that one. So heartless. People are messed up sometimes. Clearly she didn't love me anyway, naturally didn't make any atempt to "win" her back, cause find that part to be stupid really. Just gotta accept how people feel or dont feel. Not to mention didn't want to be together naturally with someone who can be so heartless to someone they supposedly love anyway. It was brutal, cause I hardly even talk about myself, never really open up as much as I did with her at that point. Hurt pretty bad to be hurt in the worst possible ways I could, which happen again cause I did open up. But from agony and pain we no doubt grow.

• Thank you. Was there a reason you cried more for the second one than the first one?

• Many reasons. 1 was I couldnt understand how someone could be that heartless and cold towards me, knowing the stuff I been through. 2:. That I had opened up as much as I did, but not get treated with more respect in the end. 3:. That I wasent given any closure, I was completely removed from her life in a heartbeat. And im just a loyal one girl kind of type, so for me to love is very rare and when I do I love very deeply. To be removed from someone life like that, was like a parent or close family would suddly drop dead. So quick, sudden and brutal. Many more too really, just yeah, a lot of reasons.

• Yeah i know what you mean. I am a loyal one and traditional. It does hurt especially when you love so much. I didn't have sex with him so i think it hurts less than if i would

• Oh yes its tough to deal with just like it is for the ladies. It hurts and we will cry depending on the situation. I wouldn't say hook up with other women unless the outside woman takes advantage of the guys vulnerability to have sex. And yes if we do have thoughts about patching things up also depending on the situation.

• Well. What if you've had 2 breaks and in this case the girl was becoming insecure

• Well in my personal experience (i can only speak for myself on this) A break from a realtionship is just time away and it gives you an opportunity to breath. If insecurity is going to come back with the woman i love then i would feel like its not meant to be. I wouldn't want to even think about and worry what my significant other was doing while on a break because thats what the break was for. Its just going to complicate things once it seems like they will go well again.

• We look tough, act tough. But truthfully, we aren't all that tough.

• I go out with my friends and fuck as many women as I have to, and then I move on with my life. It may hurt a bit, but it's not like she's the only woman on the planet, and it's not like I can't form another strong bond with someone else, and if I ever let myself stop whatever I was doing over a woman I'd want someone to kill me.

• Yeah it hurts but I realized I had to get over it and be happy.

• I was 3 weeks from asking my girlfriend to marry me. We split up for reasons that I didn't know.
    I cried like a baby for 6 weeks.

• I am so sorry to hear that. You never asked for a second chance?

Do you think it hurts more especially when a guy plans to take her to meet his extended family out of state and plans things for thr next year?

• I did many times, but, she started talking to another guy while we were still living together. There is no going back now.

• Ahh so she kind of cheated in a sense. I am sure you will find someone who will be madly in love with you as you are with them

• Depends on the man. Everyone falls hard breakups. I move on. Now I'm married and I really like that.

• it hurts like hell, but you just deal with it

• I'm kinda weird on that

I give the girl a choice.

If she cheated on me or something like that, I ask for $3.50 and a trip to the grocery store.

Just feel I should get my moneys worth, if she does that, we good 😊

• Lol you are crazy

• Hey, you've gotta get your moneys worth. Like, were never going to see each other again, why make it into a big deal when I could get some groceries out of it right?

• yeah I have cried over a girl before

• Yes to all these things. We're only human. *hugs you

• Not cry or anything. But I'm just very quiet. Not motivated to say anything.

• I just move on.

What Girls Said 2

• you deal with! You move on! You take what you could take and move forward!

• Do you try not to get back with the girl?

• Well we talked about it and i was the one who said lets part ways. But we've had breaks before. Probably unwanted... I've approached after. I feel like if he wants to be he can approach this time. I'm tired of doing it

• K then move on!

• I think men do get very sad and sometimes they even cry, it's okay to cry though. Guys are just about almost like girls when there getting over a breakup. This is coming from my brother by the way ahaha