Should I get back together with my ex girlfriend?

should I get back together with my ex girlfriend?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• We've all been there, right? You break up. Time goes by. Things get quiet, and then out of nowhere you get an innocent text message, e-mail, or phone call. Before you know it, "I'm sorry. I'll never hurt you again," ends with the question "Should I try this again?" No, you shouldn't.

Exes are like old clothes in your closet. Sometimes they fit, sometimes they don't. They may be out of style. You may not like to wear them, or maybe you do, or maybe you just wear them once in a while. For whatever reason, though, you just cannot bear to throw them away. Just like the clothes you keep in your closet and no longer wear, there is a reason that your exes are just that.

Time apart from an ex can provide a moment of clarity about the relationship that was not possible or was difficult to achieve during it. Hindsight gives us the ability to savor our regret and reconsider the choice we made. In vulnerable moments, though, hindsight also affords us the opportunity to crave something that was flawed but comfortable.

Your girlfriend cheated. I don't always agree with "Once a cheater, always a cheater," but it can be pretty accurate. I know you feel pretty comfortable with this girl because you've been with her for so long, but believe it when I say - there are girls out there who wouldn't cheat on you. Ever. So there would be no need to play this game of "should I get back with me ex?" You're young. Go out and explore. If you settle now for someone who clearly doesn't respect you enough to be faithful to you, you're never going to know what it's like to have a girlfriend you can trust 100%.

What Girls Said 4

• it depends. why did you guys date in the first place? why did you break up? why do you want to get back together with her? make sure you're sure that you really want to date her again because you don't want to get yourself into a bad relationship.

• Well we have been dating since we were in 6th grade and we have been dating since 6th grade up to high school, but I recently found out on sunday that she was cheating on me with another guy, but I was really heartbroken to hear that. and now she feels really bad about breaking up with cause of that and now she wants to forget about the breakup and the cheating and get back together with me.

• It was on friday night when I was at the skate inn and sunday I found out about it.

• If you really think you can trust her again then I guess you can give it a shot but usually the saying goes: once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Do you honestly think that she cares about you if she's willing to cheat on you?

• I really don't know. there is this girl that loves me and her name is kristen wagner and she fell in love with me in our freshmen year in drama class and she wants to really go out with me. she told me that she won't cheat or break up with me. should I go out with her?

• nop..she is using you

• I don't know what to do about it.

• Ignore her and find someone new unless you think she is really worth it

• Based on the details you have given, I would say NO.

What Guys Said 1

• No, there's probably a reason why she's your ex-girlfriend so keep it that way.

• She cheated on me with some guy and she broke up with me and now she feels really really bad about it and she really wants to back together with me.

• Haha ok then, go for it.

• Ok. she wants me to slap her butt and kiss her on the lips, but see here's the thing: I only see her on the weekends.