Would you EVER under any circumstances, text your ex boyfriend?

If he's the one who dumped you?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you broke up doesn't mean they literally stop existing as people, or that whatever relation you had has to be completely null and nonexistent.

I find that expectation somewhat silly. I wouldn't choose to be with someone if they were so negligible, even if things don't work out.

Most Helpful Girl

• no I would not!

What Guys Said 5

• From a guy's standpoint: is there a reason you need to keep in contact (i. e. a kid, a jointly-owned property, etc.)? Just because you two have split doesn't mean that there aren't reasons that you might need to communicate.

So to answer your question: yes. If there are legitimate reasons, I might have to text (contact) an ex, depending on circumstances.

• I don't have an ex boyfriend, so it would be pretty weird if I did

• Then why would you respond to this question...

• I would if I care about them still, (coming from the complete other way around here so say a girl breaks up with me).

• Yeah it's different from the guys side, I have too much pride and respect for myself to show any sign that I'm thinking about my ex. No matter what I say it will sound pathetic unfortunately

• I don't have one, never will

• I got drunk and texted an ex, it worked out okay coz she was lonely and wanted a fuck. lol

• You sound like my first boyfriend lol... man those were dark times for me

• It's always a sunny day when you're holding my hand! ahhaa

What Girls Said 4

• Well, sure? It would depend on how our relationship ended, but if we were still friends after we broke up, I wouldn't have a problem with texting him. I'm sure there are also valid reasons to text him in situations where I wanted my stuff back, or we needed to air out our feelings before we could move on.

• Well if he dumped you over text and only texted you one other time after... and 4 months have past. I still needed feelings to be "aired out" but I decided it was best to not text him at all. Even though he gave me the "we can be friends" crap

• If someone decides to break up with me over text, then we're not friends, so I wouldn't text them.

• 👍 I totally agree

• I have, and then I've always regretted it. Nothing good ever comes from texting the ex who doesn't want you.

• I don't have an ex boyfriend, but I wouldn't text an ex specially if I'm already with someone else, it would be very disrespectful towards my partner. The only condition would be congratulating him for a newborn/marriage or condolences, nothing else.

• How would you know to congratulate him or send condolences? Lol

• If I hear about it, it's not that hard, where I come from news travel fast, if we have friends in common or something and I get the news, I would call him (of course considering we're still on good terms).

• I have, and that was only to give his family heirlooms back.

• I have my ex's jacket but I don't think it's reason enough

• Better yet donate it to the Salvation Army lol

• Burning it is more fun, but if you want to be a good person etc. ...