How to get over someone?

Honest and respectful opinions please, my friend is in great agony because her boyfriend cheated on her...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You go out and meet new people. Distract yourself with hobbies and work. Just live life and eventually the weight will be lifted off of your shoulders.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Betrayal is very painful , and it Isn't a case of getting over it, it's a case of getting through it. She will probably question her worth, so tell her , although she feels worthless to this guy, she will be priceless to another. Cheating on her is a statement about his character , not hers.

Time doesn't heal the pain, it's what you do with your time which heals it. So she should keep her mind on things other than him, spend time with family and friends, try something new, and keep active.

The most important thing is for her to not let it define her in a negative way. She shouldn't start believing all guys will cheat on her, because that is not true. Hopefully as time goes on she will be thankful that she is still not with the person she almost settled for, and one day she will meet a guy who feels lucky to have her as part of his life, a guy who will respect her , and has her best interests at heart 💚

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• just distract her. Since you're under 18 just go to the movies or do something she loves. Physical activity will also help you forget about them, It will release chemicals made by the brain to help combat depression! I also hear drinking helps so you know there also that... But distracting her for an extended period of time will habituate her to the feeling of her loss, and she will get used to it... Just keep her occupied!

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! My friend is stuck in her room crying...

What Girls Said 5

• Be a friend till the end here, dear, sit her down and tell her she is better off without him for Now.. He can no longer be trusted.
    She may be thinking of ways down the not so fine line to forgive him, but being he is wet behind the ears in years, also be this Bud who tell Her... He will be Planting and Planning again for another Spud.
    Good luck. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Realize she is and always has been better than he is, and that he doesn't even come close to deserving all the respect and love she has within her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Getting over someone takes time, that's all I can tell you. It's painful and you never know how long it's gonna take to get over someone, but I would just say give her space to realize her worth and when she does hopefully she will eventually be able to move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah... i've been there...

• Be there for her (she really needs that) say that you care for her and that you are willing to listen. Just listen to her rants. Also, girls night are always best!! :D watch netflix or go out and have fun.

Just try to distract her from the pain okay? :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much for commenting! That's a great idea, i'll ask her tomorrow.

• Tell her to get a rebound

1|0
    0|0
    • Okay

• Show All
    • -t can make her ex jealous and he'll regret ever cheating on her.

• ALSO have fun with her. Have movie nights and tell her she deserves better