Am scared whether my ex boyfriend will suicide?

I broke up wid my boyfriend for about a month now.. but everyday he keeps blackmailing me with suicide or posting pics of me in net.. we hav been in a relationship for 3yrs and i know he's unstable but whenever i try leaving him, he would blackmail me.. This time i couldn't handle it anymore and was harsh towards him n broke up wid him.. i told him ill go to police if he keeps on blackmailing me.. After i told that he told me he has courage to leav the world and tht he'll leav soon.. should i be scared? i can't talk about it to my parents as in India its little forbidden.. Please help

46

Most Helpful Guy

• He may just be faking it to gain sympathy. Is he Indian like you and if he is, is he a Hindu? I don't actually know how Hindus feel about suicide although I studied for four months in India. If he is a Muslim or Christian he would go to hell and if he is an athiest he would be giving up the only life he has. Remind him of this.

• ya he is an Indian and a Hindu.. it is wrong to suicide in Hindu customs too..

• Remind him of the consequences. For several months I had problems with depression combined with severe stomach discomfort and lonliness. Suicide felt very tempting, but I was able to stop myself because I believe as a Christian that I would burn for eternity if I did it.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a classic example of emotional abuse. He is manipulating your feelings to control you. Shut him out of your life. I'm very sorry to hear about the risk, but he should be seeking support from his own parents and other friends too. If he does do anything to hurt himself, please know that you are not responsible. You cannot save someone from his mental illness. Only he can do that and probably with professional guidance. (From someone with a diagnosed, serious mental illness.)

What Guys Said 5

• they're empty threats meant to manipulate you. just stay away from him. don't even re-enforce his behavior by responding to it

• Sounds like a pretty horrible person to me, like if he actually did commit suicide he'd be doing it mainly just to spite you! I'd tell that dickhead to shit or get off the pot!

• you could still call the police and they might put him on suicide watch or something

• Like this would bother any girl if he did

• Call the police if you think he's gonna commit suicide, else just ignore that jerk

What Girls Said 3

• I am not sure your responsible for his sucide but I think u should try to tell someone who can talk take him to a hospital.

• Next time he says he's going to kill himself call the police. It's a crime to try to kill yourself. Call his bluff.

• Maybe just sit and have a sincere talk with him, explain why you no longer wish to be with him but let him know that a friendship is still an open opportunity. Maybe he just needs some closure, it's always better if you can end things on good terms

• i have talked wid him.. made him understand that i won't be happy with him.. he just wouldn't get it.. he says he doesn't care about whether am happy or not. he just wants me...