Guys opposed to dating their ex's friends?

and girls, if a friend dated your ex would you be upset?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a very hot-water topic that I have personally been involved in in the past. I would not date an ex of my friend's, especially if the relationship was long-term and/or if the friend was a close one. This can put friends on bad terms very quickly, unless if the two friends talked about it. It's not really asking permission to, but more of like 'asking for his blessing.' It's a sign of respect for one another and for what the ex-couple had, and it could prevent a lot of drama and turmoil in the future. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• Um I wouldn't unless the break up went really well (which is almost never for me) As for if a friend dated my ex, I probably would care unless it involved a messy break up and me having to hang out with her and be nice to her

What Girls Said 2

• it would just depend on how the realtionship ended and if I still had feelings for him. If it was a mutual 'this isn't going to work out' thing and he and I were still friends, then yeah no problem. if the guy broke my heart, I wouldn't be so okay with it.

• I tried to hook up a friend with an ex because I thought they would be great together lol. My friend refused when she found out it was an ex. I figure that if we didn't work but he was a great guy why not? Now had he been a total ass I would never do that to my friend.