How should I take it?

So I was dating this guy, I was crazy about him and I spent a lot of time being in love with him, 3 years in fact. Most of the time he was cheating on his girlfriend with me. Well this last time we were together, we had just finally made it official then a week later he cheats on me then breaks my heart to be with the other girl. Now his friend, who has been my really close friend was talking me today. He told me how much he has liked me since the 8th grade, 4 years ago! When I asked him why he never told me, his answer was that he would never go after his friends ex without permission but he talked to him and my ex told this guy who is my close friend that he thinks and hopes he has a chance with me. After everything me and my ex have gone through together, and I mean everything, he is just willing to pawn me off to his friend? Why would he even THINK that I would be the kind of girl who would date the love of my life's friend? It makes me think that my ex never really cared for me as much as he said did since it is so easy for him to just let me be with his friend. Am I over exaggerating? Or do I have the right to be upset? And if I do should I confront my ex about it?

02

What Guys Said 2

• >So I was dating this guy, I was crazy about him and I spent a lot of time being in love with him, 3 years in fact. Most of the time he was cheating on his girlfriend with me. Well this last time we were together, we had just finally made it official then a week later he cheats on me then breaks my heart to be with the other girl.

He's a serial cheater. He wants to have a girlfriend who reliably waits for him while he has sex with other people.

If you want to be that girl and you don't have a problem with him sleeping around, then you should tell him that. If you don't, then dump him.

• I believe his insecurities got the best of him throughout this whole experience. He has a set of generalized ideas and beliefs that he thinks are what happens throughout every relationship and situation. This is dangerous and wrong at the same time. Either that he realizes that these 'rules' that he has are too generalized and do not fit every situation, or this, along with any other relationships, are going to fail. You're not over-exaggerating, and I would also be upset if I were to be in your shoes. I'm not exactly sure why he would 'pawn' you to his friend, but this is utterly wrong as well in my opinion. I assume he's a stubborn and idealistic type of individual, so confronting him won't do much. I wouldn't bother, and I would learn from this and move on. I'm very sorry for the way he treated you, no one should be treated like that. If you ever need to talk feel free to drop me a message. Best of luck.

What Girls Said 0