Girls, Why would she break up with me just like that?

So I'm 30 and she's 25. We met online and everything just clicked. She was sweet, grounded, and seemed so caring. We took it slow at first but soon we were having sex twice a week and it almost always left her very satisfied. She introduced me to her friends and her brother and we were just so happy together. She took me to work events and I even met her boss. We made meals for each other and went out to eat and spent a lot of time together. I was supposed to meet her parents soon when they came to town and she was super nervous when I said my mom wanted to meet her, too. Then on the week of 3 months of being together she just breaks up with me. She says there was no "spark" and that "it just didn't work for me". We had a fight and she blocked me on facebook (and possibly phone, I'm not sure I haven't tried contacting her.)

I'm crushed. I'm gutted. I just don't understand why she broke up with me when everything seemed great a week before.

3

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to say.

What makes logical sense is that how close you both got scared her and she isn't ready for commitment. She probably did this in previous relationships which is why she was single when she met you. There is an underlying issue that she never spoke of.
    You did not do not do anything wrong.

• Her last real relationship was her boyfriend at college for four years so that might be the case. This might also factor into it but she was super scared to the point of tears of getting pregnant even though we used birth control and condoms. I told her we didn't even have to do that and stick to "other stuff" if it made her more comfortable for now but the next day she wanted the real thing again. I never pressured her to talk to me too hard about stuff but I told her she could talk to me. I'm afraid I'm left with a mystery and I don't know if she'll ever come to her senses and come back. I know given your theory that she's commitment phobic means that might not be a good thing either.

I know I probably didn't do anything wrong but it still hurts and I'm still at the point where I can't stop second-guessing every move I made no matter how insignificant. I was so close to telling her I loved her.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't have an answer for you but I really wish I did. I had the same thing happen to me after 8 months, some people just like to toy with us and try and fit us into a certain box and when we don't fit they discard us. I'm sorry this happened to you :/

• Just let her be. Dont contact her. Let her miss you! She might come back after a couple of days/weeks or it may take months.

I remeber i dated this amazing guy but I was not over my ex. No matter how sweet and perfect he was I just could not see it. Almost 6 months later a realized what I had but by that time he was long gone... It took me awhile but that was also bc he kept texting and calling me. So dont do that. Let her come to you.

• Thanks, Evelyn. That's really all I know what to do know is hope she misses me. It's only been 4 days since our fight but I'm trying real hard not to do anything.