She left me cold.

I met a girl in my class during college. I sat next to her on the first day and after a few days we began talking to one another. First on just class stuff, then we began to open up to one another. This when on for two full months until I summoned the courage to ask her to have coffee with me. Fortunately she said yes. Thanksgiving break then happened, but I resolved I was going to ask her on a date when school resumed.

So I asked her to go on the date with me and, to put it short, she said yes and we went on it at the end of the week. I think we both had a lot of fun. During this whole time we continued to sit next to each other and tease each other and talk and I made sure to incorporate kino. The following weekend we had to study for final exams, so I didn't ask her to do anything.

On the last day of class, in between our last two exams, she asked me to walk with her and keep her company and we sat on a bench for three hours. During this time, I asked her to see a movie the following week. Because that was the last day of college, the movie would be over break. I picked a day and she told me she'd let me know. When we said goodbye that day, it was our usual teasing banter and when I said bye to her I thought I'd see her again.

It's been a month and a half and I haven't.

Long story short, she called me the day before we planned to see the movie to say she couldn't go because of family. A few days later it was my birthday and she called and said happy birthday. The next week I asked her to do something else with me. She didn't reply right away, but two days later asked when I wanted to go. I was happy because I thought she actually meant it, but in reality, whatever day I picked--I ended up offering three days--she said she was busy. So I told her when she had time to let me know so we could hang out.

I haven't heard from her since.

It's weird because if not a potential girlfriend, I thought we were close enough to be friends. But she hasn't even called to check up on me or say hey. I feel like I've come away empty handed.

She's transferring to either an in-state or out-of-state college next year, so this was probably doomed from the start, but I thought we'd enjoy it until then anyway.

But the fact that she apparently doesn't even consider me a friend makes it feel like I've just been living in an illusion this whole time, that the past four, five months have been a lie constructed by myself.

I sometimes think about the time we had and how joyous it seemed to me...and then I realize that maybe it was nothing much to her so I wonder if there's even a point of remembering it all anyway.
She left me cold.
1
2