She wants a "break"?

my girlfriend or ex whatever you want to call it asked for a break last night. it really hurts me a lot but I know we need to work on our relationship. I told her today that I will not text or call her at all but how long should I wait to call her again. we even are doing a journal to express our feelings from this separation is that a good idea, also we have tickets to a concert that I really want to go to should we go as friends or just give them up to her to take a girlfriend? In 2 weeks have have tickets to the kieth sweat and joe concert are and b so its gonna be weird to go with her she said to go together but should I give them up to her and let her go with her best friend or maybe could that lead to something good? We both have lost a lot of what we had in the beginning the respect the passion the romance the communication basically we both got comfy and never talked about little things I told her the "break" is cool that I too need to find myself and maybe this helps I've been with her for over 6 years so a lot has changed

32

Most Helpful Guy

• wait 2 weeks...go tot he gym, work out...buy a new series of dvd's...keep yourself occupied...when/if she texts/calls do not respond right away...but after 2 weeks if she hasn't contacted you send soemthing like "thinking of you" or like "watching (your two fav movie together, thinking of you" or I miss my best friend...not Girlfriend best friend...keep it short and simple...do not reply right away with anything she gives you...stay cool and relaxed...i wish I had this info when my girl wanted a break...im workin on gettin her back now...you will not solve this problem over night remember that...it can take some time...show her you're improving yourself and changing, not by words...by actions...changing yourself for the better that is...do not BEG for her back...a lot of people say NC is key...my ex is stubborn and didn't want to text or call me but she really did...some girls are like that...if you don't contact her she will think ok he doesn't want me and try to come back but it can also bite you in teh ass...you wanna remind her you guys are best friends, everyone wants to marry their best friend..well girlfriend ya know...stay cool homes

• In 2 weeks have have tickets to the kieth sweat and joe concert are and b so its gonna be weird to go with her she said to go together but should I give them up to her and let her go with her best friend or maybe could that lead to something good?

• Bro if you paid for tickets phuck that, for real...dont give them up, you'll be giving in and shell be like yup I got him when I want him and where I want him...dont get caught up I mean hell if she bought the tickets yerrrr her and her friend should go....dont do that man go with your boy, I mean I duno who kieth sweat and joe are but I dunno, go with your homie

What Girls Said 3

• "breaks" are usually a nice way of saying that you want to have a break...a permanent one. To be honest, I think the whole journal idea is kind of dumb, we're not middle schoolers. I think you need to really look and see what's wrong in the relationship, why she would want to end it. You should talk to her after a couple days of thinking it over and ask her straight up if she just wants to break up. Breaks are prettty dumb, it's a pussys way of getting out of a relationship.

• We both have lost a lot of what we had in the beginning the respect the passion the romance the communication basically we both got comfy and never talked about little things I told her the "break" is cool that I too need to find myself and maybe this helps I've been with her for over 6 years so a lot has changed

• Lol I agree on that, but see how do you change who your heart loves? girls in the end want who makes them happy and laugh and feel good about themselves "if you love something, let it go...if it comes back its meant to be" - sometimes they need actual proof, am I wrong? anyways agree on the concentrating on yourself and what went wrong, improve yourself, if it doesn't work out you'll know what not to do next time....gym, wait jim who? nah really go to the gym...it relieves stress a lot, eat well too

• If she said she needs a break that could be as simple as what she said or maybe she wants to break up. I wouldn't give her the tickets because that will make you look weak and desperate. Wait a month and see what happens. If she doesn't come crawling back it's probably over.

• i think you should let her go with her girlfriend. when girls are having a tough time with their relationships the best thing to do is to go out and have some fun with the girls and it actually clears her head a little bit to realize how she really feels about your guys' problem. It will also allow her some time to miss you and for you to have time to miss her. You know, absence makes the heart grow fonder!

What Guys Said 1

• Breaks are usually precursors to a breakup. Is there a particular reason why she wanted it? A little more info would help for our understanding of your situation.

• We both have lost a lot of what we had in the beginning the respect the passion the romance the communication basically we both got comfy and never talked about little things I told her the "break" is cool that I too need to find myself and maybe this helps I've been with her for over 6 years so a lot has changed I love her and she loves me too I am so certain of it but its not the same that's all